Question about a deposit on a future cruise

dukemha

Three years ago, while on the Jewell of the Seas, I made a deposit on a future RCL cruise. Since then, I have cruised X and will be on a HAL cruise this winter. My question is, how long is my deposit with RCL good for? If I haven't scheduled a cruise by the end of a certain period, do I lose the deposit or is it refunded? Thanks in advance.

No refunds for future bookings. Check your certificate for whether it has an expiration date. Several years ago, there was a 3 year expire date, tho' this was chaged to no expiration date a few years ago. So, it depends on which condition was in force when you purchased your future cruise.

I called RCL and got the answer to my question: the deposit (made in 2008) does not expire until 2019 and is not refundable. So use it or lose it.....which I'll gladly do at some point. Thanks to those who replied to my question. I should have checked this out more thoroughly before posting. I apologize if I wasted anyone's time or needlessly took up space on this Forum.

How much do the certificates cost and what benefit do you get from buying one?

thanks

Bill

Purchasing a Why Not Decide Later booking (aka NextCruise) while on board allows you to book from home but still be able to combine two benefits. It's $100pp and the person who's name is on the initial booking must be on the cruise. No further money is required until final payment.

You will receive an OBC dependent on the number of nights your cruise is and then you can have either a balcony discount if you are P/D/D+ or a C&A Savings Certificate, if one becomes available for your cruise.

There is no expiration date and it is only non-refundable if you put it in a drawer and forget about it. Once you activate the booking number and then if you have to cancel, your initial deposit will be refunded.

Purchasing a Why Not Decide Later booking (aka NextCruise) while on board allows you to book from home but still be able to combine two benefits. It's $100pp and the person who's name is on the initial booking must be on the cruise. No further money is required until final payment.

You will receive an OBC dependent on the number of nights your cruise is and then you can have either a balcony discount if you are P/D/D+ or a C&A Savings Certificate, if one becomes available for your cruise.

There is no expiration date and it is only non-refundable if you put it in a drawer and forget about it. Once you activate the booking number and then if you have to cancel, your initial deposit will be refunded.

Great information, thanks. Now I have a stranger question, can I use more than one certificate on just one booking? In other words, if I had four of the certificates can I apply them all to one booking. The reason I ask that is I just activated an airline credit card and need to spend $750 in the first four months to get 50,000 miles. I could spend that $750 on anything but I would really rather put it all towards a 2012 eastern Med cruise. That schedule is not out yet so I figured rack up some of the $750 buying a few of the future cruise certificates and then applying them once the schedule comes out.

thanks

Archived