When Can I Book Solstice Nov 2011?

helen haywood

It has been on sale for a while now. I'm actually booked on the Nov 27th sailing. It just started showing up like that today. Maybe someone else will have a better idea of what is going on with their website, but it seems like people tend ot have issues with it.

• 2 weeks later...
We booked onboard the Solstice 10/10/10 for November 13, 2011. We booked Solstice, Western itinerary again...hoping we'll get to the ports we missed due to Hurricane Paula.

This is the cruise I was planning on booking and when I went on the website today to see what was up it said SOLD OUT! Does anyone know what is going on yet?

Yes, if you are looking at the the Caribbean cruises. These cruises have all been changed to cruises in Europe (they are staying in Europe longer instead of coming back to the USA).

I am involved with two cruises scheduled in Nov., I have been waiting to be contacted about this and have heard nothing. I think whatever they offer is not going to be that good for us. We wanted to be on those specific cruises and can't go in Dec. or Jan.

If you want to go to Europe those are already up on the site.

The cruises that are sold out have not necessarily been changed to Europe. They are what's being called Code Red. I booked a B2B when i was on the Solstice on 10/10. One of them is open for booking but the 12/04/11 shows SOLD OUT and has for at least a week. When contacted, The best my TA or I can find out is that these cruises on various ships are undergoing "Revenue Inventory." This can be anything from reassignment of itineraries. Port changes, Charters, or "I have no idea." I thought this would be ironed out by now since it's well over a week but it's still showing up this way. Annoying but I know it will all get worked out eventually. Just don't go buying any airfare for any of tee cruises until this Code Red thing shakes out.

See the thread below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1299968

On this thread first started a week or so ago people worried about their booked cruising or ones they were planning ahead for talk about the itineraries disappearing from the website and reappearing differently. Many of the posters have been in touch with X and have made alternative plans. Some seem to have been happy with what they got others not. It seems most of the ships will stay in Europe longer and cross later than planned. Good Luck and I hope no one's plans get changed to much.

After personal issues requiring me to cancel my upcoming cruise (luckily I found out days before final payment) and then all the issues I have read about X changing plans like this, I am starting to think it no longer pays to book ahead.

The cruises that are sold out have not necessarily been changed to Europe. They are what's being called Code Red. I booked a B2B when i was on the Solstice on 10/10. One of them is open for booking but the 12/04/11 shows SOLD OUT and has for at least a week. When contacted, The best my TA or I can find out is that these cruises on various ships are undergoing "Revenue Inventory." This can be anything from reassignment of itineraries. Port changes, Charters, or "I have no idea." I thought this would be ironed out by now since it's well over a week but it's still showing up this way. Annoying but I know it will all get worked out eventually. Just don't go buying any airfare for any of tee cruises until this Code Red thing shakes out.

Our 11/13/2011 Solstice cruise has been cancelled. The Solstice is doing a trans-Atlantic on 11/28/2011, so your 12/4/2011 cruise will also be cancelled. They have offered us $200 OBC per stateroom if we transfer to one of the following sailings:

Eastern Itinerary:

Eclipse - 11/12/2011

Eclipse - 11/19/2011

Eclipse - 11/26/2011

Eclipse - 12/3/2011

Eclipse - 12/10/2011

Eclipse - 12/18/2011

Western Itinerary:

Solstice - 12/11/2011

Our 11/13/2011 Solstice cruise has been cancelled. The Solstice is doing a trans-Atlantic on 11/28/2011, so your 12/4/2011 cruise will also be cancelled. They have offered us $200 OBC per stateroom if we transfer to one of the following sailings:

Eastern Itinerary:

Eclipse - 11/12/2011

Eclipse - 11/19/2011

Eclipse - 11/26/2011

Eclipse - 12/3/2011

Eclipse - 12/10/2011

Eclipse - 12/18/2011

Western Itinerary:

Solstice - 12/11/2011

for what is is worth, here is what we were told on the Equinox last month in the sales office, with the silhouette coming out, the equinox and soltice are being redeployed into different regions (ie the equinox is being replaced with the silhouette on the holy land cruises and will be spending more time in western hemisphere starting next year) some of the millineum class ships are also be refitted (summit, and millineum at least) to conform more to soltice styling in 2011. so itineraries are all getting juggled on shorter timeframes

The first part of my B2B on the Solstice (12/4/11) was "code red" until this weekend. Seems it was redeployed on that week. So as of yesterday they got the Solstice's schedule changed and ready for booking as far as i can tell. I wound up doing the 12/3/11 on the Eclipse Eastern Caribb, having a day off ship then doing the West Caribbean on the Solstice on 12/11/11. Not ideal but the Eclipse only does Eastern and i don't want to B2B to the same place, and didn't want to move the entire B2B to a week later. Celebrity reps were nice and helpful, considering they must be going crazy trying to re-accommodate a bunch of unhappy campers. So if your ship isn't sorted out yet, I'd bet it will be very soon.

The Code Red for Solstice will probably be removed on 11/17. We had originally booked the 10/13/11 TA, which is now the 11/28/11 TA, and our travel agent told us that we had until 11/17 to make our final decision, before Celebrity released our cabin back into inventory. Celebrity wants to give all the previously booked passengers on the 10/13/11 booking an opportunity to book the 11/28/11 cruise. I don't know of any other information regarding any of the Caribbean cruises.

Archived