Miami vs Tampa hotel rooms/suites

Name Of The Game

There are so many threads to go through so I'll just explain the scenario and ask for your suggestions. My mom and I (male) cruise together and have stayed at the LaQuinta Tampa Airport and the Best Western on the Bay in Miami getting a room with two beds of course. For our next cruise some time next year our friend/neighbor (adult male) would like to go with us. We haven't decided if we'll cruise from Miami or Tampa but just doing a preliminary search it seems hotels in Miami are much more expensive than in Tampa.

Can you recommend any other clean hotels near either of the ports where we could either get two relatively inexpensive rooms or a two-bed suite with pullout couch for $150 or less? LaQuinta doesn't offer suites and some hotel suites only have the king bed not two doubles. Free transportation to the port and free breakfast would be a big plus.

Thanks for your help.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Rocky Point in Tampa for our pre-cruise. They offer free pick up at the airport, and have a cruise package that includes breakfast, a shuttle to the port AND from the port back to the airport or hotel after the cruise is over. In addition, they offer shuttle service anywhere within a 4 mile radius of the hotel. They do have suites but I'm not sure of the cost. We sail this Sunday from Tampa and paid $99 for a King room cruise pkg.

Here is a site that may also help you with additional Tampa and Miami hotels. www.stay123.com

Good luck.

You'll be 15 minutes from the port and downtown, but the Homewood Suites in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA should work for you - two room suites with 2 beds + sofa bed and small kitchen. Great breakfast and dining and shopping options (Publix, CVS, Liquor store :rolleyes:) within walking distance (try Case Juan for great and inexpensive Cuban food! ;)). Another option is the Embassy Suites at MIA - two rooms, free happy hour :D, and another great breakfast.

Shuttle to POM form either hotel cost $10 per person, or for under $30 (including tip) you can cab it on your own schedule. Good luck!:)

Archived