Solstice TA October 2011 Code Red

dmk

I noticed that things are still the same on the Celebrity board.

We are scheduled for the Nov. 13 and 20, 2011 cruises and just waiting to see what changes (if any), we are going to have to make.

Please excuse my pessimism, but I believe that your Solstice cruises, as well as our Dec. 2 cruise on the Equinox will be cancelled.

Please excuse my pessimism, but I believe that your Solstice cruises, as well as our Dec. 2 cruise on the Equinox will be cancelled.

I'm on the 13 November Solstice cruise next year as well and I'm really concerned about this....especially since we booked this as my 50th birthday cruise. Does anyone know how this is handled when this sort of thing happens? I was about to purchase insurance for this cruise, but since seeing this, we've been just holding tight. My TA called Celebrity Friday and said they told him that they were checking numbers, but I'm sure that's the corporate line. Has anyone heard anything different?

I'm on the 13 November Solstice cruise next year as well and I'm really concerned about this....especially since we booked this as my 50th birthday cruise. Does anyone know how this is handled when this sort of thing happens? I was about to purchase insurance for this cruise, but since seeing this, we've been just holding tight. My TA called Celebrity Friday and said they told him that they were checking numbers, but I'm sure that's the corporate line. Has anyone heard anything different?

Hi Islandgirl !

I wish we had further news for you. "Checking numbers", as you were told, is probably not an accurate answer. At the moment, there's a lot of speculation, but we have not heard from Celebrity yet. All we can do is wait, until they are ready to let us know.

I'm also planning on one of the affected Constellation sailings. I started looking at Princess today, as a Plan B. I'd much rather sail Celebrity. They are always my first choice. However, if Celebrity doesnt have a suitable option for us, they will be leaving our party of 10, no other choice.

Revenue inventory is the answer I got after the rep investigated at length. He said this could mean possible itinerary changes (my guess too... based on nothing) or possible charters. That doesn't make sense. Are they chartering 5 ships all for the same weeks? Probably not.

Oddly my B2B 12/4/11 and 12/11/11 E/W Caribbean still shows as booked and confirmed. But the 12/4 shows up sold out if I try to "phantom" book it, where the 12/11 is available to be booked. I thought this would be resolved today but same issues when I check the =X= site.

Islandgirl -- You can still purchase insurance and transfer it to a different cruise (if you are looking at an alternate cruise). I originally booked an 11-day Caribbean cruise and purchased insurance within a few days to get the pre-existing conditions waiver. I then changed cabins with a price drop and received a partial refund on my insurance. A month or so later, I changed to a 7-day cruise so we could try AQ at a lower price, and transferred the insurance. Although I couldn't get a partial refund for that lower price, I did get a credit for a future policy.

Hi Islandgirl !

I wish we had further news for you. "Checking numbers", as you were told, is probably not an accurate answer. At the moment, there's a lot of speculation, but we have not heard from Celebrity yet. All we can do is wait, until they are ready to let us know.

I'm also planning on one of the affected Constellation sailings. I started looking at Princess today, as a Plan B. I'd much rather sail Celebrity. They are always my first choice. However, if Celebrity doesnt have a suitable option for us, they will be leaving our party of 10, no other choice.

Thanks for answering Andy...I'm holding tight...I just wish they would get it together and just say something one way or the other. We had AirTran certificates come in to the charity I work for that will be part of a silent auction at our annual dinner this weekend and instead of using my hubby's mileage which we are holding on for a trip back to Hawaii, I thought I would bid on them as my job could certainly benefit from something I was planning to buy. They have a use by date on them, so it's another thing that's being complicated by this issue.

Islandgirl -- You can still purchase insurance and transfer it to a different cruise (if you are looking at an alternate cruise). I originally booked an 11-day Caribbean cruise and purchased insurance within a few days to get the pre-existing conditions waiver. I then changed cabins with a price drop and received a partial refund on my insurance. A month or so later, I changed to a 7-day cruise so we could try AQ at a lower price, and transferred the insurance. Although I couldn't get a partial refund for that lower price, I did get a credit for a future policy.

Hey Jazzbo:) Not too worried about it since at the moment it appears to be in limbo. I'm thinking that we might book a B2B on the Millennium as we keep trying to do this itinerary and it would give us a few more days out. I just had my heart set on sailing on one of the S-class ships.

This just seems to be my life right now.:( Thank you for the answers....hopefully there will be some news soon!

I know these sailings are a long way out, but what if you have nonrefundable hotel reservations or airfare, for example? I know some air classes cannot be changed if the fare is low even with a change fee.

We're sailing next fall on a Canada/NE cruise and I was about to make nonrefundable hotel reservations to take advantage of a sale. Would I eat that in the event that things change?

I know these sailings are a long way out, but what if you have nonrefundable hotel reservations or airfare, for example? I know some air classes cannot be changed if the fare is low even with a change fee.

We're sailing next fall on a Canada/NE cruise and I was about to make nonrefundable hotel reservations to take advantage of a sale. Would I eat that in the event that things change?

I think the safest thing to do for any travel is to get travel insurance.

Revenue inventory is the answer I got after the rep investigated at length. He said this could mean possible itinerary changes (my guess too... based on nothing) or possible charters. That doesn't make sense. Are they chartering 5 ships all for the same weeks? Probably not.

Oddly my B2B 12/4/11 and 12/11/11 E/W Caribbean still shows as booked and confirmed. But the 12/4 shows up sold out if I try to "phantom" book it, where the 12/11 is available to be booked. I thought this would be resolved today but same issues when I check the =X= site.

Hey Big Hair, Does this involve the Silhouette, too? I wondered if you considered the Silhouette since it seemed like a lot of Solstice staff was going to Silhouette. Including the Captain and most of the waiters I spoke with in Blu. I don't know about you but I miss MY Solstice ship. I'm having a really difficult time with withdrawal. Miss my gelato. Of course you lucky person are sailing again this month and I have to wait until next Sept. Hope all is well with you.

Linda

Linda I don't know if this includes Silhouette. But it's effecting transatlantics, Med cruises, and the Caribbean. I'd consider moving my booking to the Silhouette or even the Solsticized Connie. I don't really want to do a B2B to the same place for 2 weeks in a row if I can help it but so far they haven't changed the itinerary. Just shows SOLD OUT for my first week.

I'll go to Paciugo and have some gelato for you tomorrow. LOL Kind of not the same though huh?

All I can see in my head is a bunch of people in suits w/ Celebrity pins and ties all askew, with calendars and dry erase boards and pots and pots of coffee, arranging and re-arranging the ships and itineraries. I'll see your Solstice on the Western Caribbean and raise you a Constellation 14 day!

Well.. at least the itineraries that replaced our TA crossings are now being listed on Celebrity's site. They are not available to be booked BUT at least we're getting close. :(

Hope to hear from Celebrity soon....

Still really conflicted.... the 11 night Med that will potentially replace our Equinox 11-7-11 TA is now listed, BUT the 11-21-11 Carribean is the next cruise listed! That means they would have to do a 3 night TA crossing! WOW, guess it will be like StarTrek.... transporter across the pond! LOL :p

That means they would have to do a 3 night TA crossing! WOW, guess it will be like StarTrek.... transporter across the pond! LOL :p

It might be a once in a lifetime TA. It's one way to avoid rough seas. Seriously this is driving me crazy. Now I'm sure I'm just going to book last minute cruises. I'll save my planning for land trips.

Cynthia

We are booked on the October 25th Constellation and were so excited about the itinerary because we did the Equinox last October (fabulous!!!) to the holy land and we are leaving Sunday for a two week land tour of Israel. So much to our surprise this cruise is now headed back to the Eretz!!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON??????

Our TA just confirmed with us that our B2B sailings on the Solstice were cancelled and we were offered the opportunity to jump ship and book on the Eclipse which we accepted. (Hey, we're easy - really just wanted to sail on this class of ship!) So instead of sailing on the Nov 6 & 13, 2011 on the Solstice, we will now be sailing on Nov. 12 & 19, 2011 on the Eclipse.

They are keeping the Solstice in Europe for another month.

Hi Everyone !

Celebrity has listed on their website, a 14 night Holy Land sailing for Constellation on 11/6/11. If no other sailings are added (who knows) that means her TA may be on 11/20/11. That would probably make her first Caribbean sailing in early December 2011. That's too bad, as it wont work for us. Keep in mind, none of this is confirmed... but it's getting easier to connect the dots.

The 25th October cruise is also now showing on the US Celebrity site, but not the UK one. Intriguingly, our cabin is not available and neither is the only other one I know was booked for that cruise (6144 and 8170). I'm holding out hope that they've transferred bookings over, or at least held the rooms to give those with existing bookings first refusal. No word from my travel agent yet though...

I just received a call from Celebrity re my Solstice TA. They are offering an OBC of $200 and my fare is also $330 less p.p. than before. That is a saving of $660. I'm very pleased with that and have rebooked. The TA is now a 13 day cruise not a 14 day, leaving on Nov 28, 2011. And they have left out Majorca.

Good luck to everyone!! I am sure you will be called very shortly. I hope it works out for everyone:)

I just phoned my TA. He'd not heard that the itinerary had changed, but the new 12 night itinerary was showing on my booking at his end (it was 11 originally). He said the price definitely hadn't changed and is going to ask Celebrity to restore the booking onto my "My Celebrity" page.

No mention of OBC but an extra night sounds good to me. I hope everyone else gets asatisfactory resolution.

Archived