photo prices

jkneern

thats what I was going to say almost $12 & $22. way to much.

If they would drop there price they would sell more.

I can take a picture , computer it, print it and it all cost me less than 50cent.

yes I bought the camera, years and pictures ago

computer, years ago but for other reasons, and camera at where else.

WALMART the store of cruisers. on sale. a year ago.

This last cruise we spent more on phots then any other cruise. Jury was still out on Chemo..I wanted pic's with my hubby & hair. Dodged that bullet. But we got a fantastic one together..I would have paid another $25 if they could have airbrushed out my doublechin! The photog took mutiple shots and knew what she was doing. Worth every penny!

They must have gone up a few $ because I think on our Sept. Glory cruise they were $7.95 for gangway photos and $19.95 for others. We only started using their photo services in recent years because we figure they have some nice setups and we can always choose not to purchase. The photographers know how to get you to pose very well so you look good! Though we get about 10 photos taken, we are very selective and have bought a few very nice photos on various Carnival cruises.

Anyone know the prices of pictures taken on the ship?

I found out on the Fantasy a couple of weeks ago it also depends on if they are random shots VS the ones taken by the photographers who set up special background scenes....$10-25

Are the pics too expensive? You bet! But we still have a bunch made every cruise, pretty much every opportunity. We don't buy a bunch but seems there are always 2 or 3 that are special for the moment and memory.

What else is there possibly to do on a cruise ship other than browse through 100,000 pics to find that special gangway pirate photo in Cozucayman? ;)

Expensive yes, but if you had to go somewhere to get pics done, with all the choices of scenes they had, pay sitting fees, etc... from a professionally, I'm sure it would cost you alot more. I would think that carnival would do much better if they would offer some sort of package deal though.

I think the quick gangway picture prices are high. But, I don't mind the formal shots prices. Remember if you were going to have that same shot done by a professional photographer at home you would be paying a sitting feel too. A professional photographer here in my home town charges $25 for an 8x10.

I think with the number of pictures that some of us buy we should be able to buy package deals even on multiple pictures. How many people have actually bought wallet size on a ship? I am sure it is not many.

Expensive yes, but if you had to go somewhere to get pics done, with all the choices of scenes they had, pay sitting fees, etc... from a professionally, I'm sure it would cost you alot more. I would think that carnival would do much better if they would offer some sort of package deal though.

LOL, I guess great minds think alike.

I found out on the Fantasy a couple of weeks ago it also depends on if they are random shots VS the ones taken by the photographers who set up special background scenes....$10-25

We had a private photographer with hubby, myself, son and his wife to be at the time (they got married the following day in st thomas) The picture were amazing, we bought a few, but son and his wife bought them all, one of which was a very large picture, it also included touch ups ect. They are happy they spent what they did, as are we, the pics we had taken were around 125.00 and what son got was around 1200.00 or a bit more, since it was a wedding week and priceless as they say, it was well worth it!

• 3 months later...

I can't believe so many of you are complaining about the cost of a picture! You have a drink and spend 7.00 and it's gone in 10 minutes, now that's costly. You have the picture for ever, now that's good value. You all have pictures of your family at home, why don;'t you throw them away!!! Because they have value. 100.00 for a shore excu, additional 30 bucks for the stake house, expensive clothes and julery and least of all the cigeratts you smoke, sorry but realy is 15.00 for a picture so much?

Archived