Bar staff now checks refrigerator (fridge) not room steward.

joetrizeo

You're lucky. I (and many others) have been charged for items I didn't use and gotten the bill upon my return home.

Yep, two items were missing when we entered the room the first day on the Oasis, they were never restocked all week then they billed us for them at the end of the week. Since I had a lot of OBC, I was not going to stand in line for a couple of bucks the last morning. Thanks to lots of complementary booze in the Diamond event, I'll call us even.

Double dipping.

Seems to me if they only check the last morning, then someone else restocks later, the re-stocker will not know who actually should be charged; the previous occupant or did you just happen to drink the stuff that first afternoon?

I politely asked him not to knock on my other sisters door as she had three children in there sleeping who were not up yet and he said he had to do it..at 630 am????? I mean I know they have to get us off the ship but there is no need to wake people up at 630 in the morning just to check the fridge in the room, my sister was none to happy about it either.

Oh this would just steam me! Enough to put in a written complaint for sure. No one should be coming into an occupied guest room without permission save for a true emergency/safety issue. And at 6:30 in the morning! Are you kidding? If no one had answered his knocks, would he have just let himself in?? I really hope this was one renegade crew member and not a new policy, as it would not bode well for the future of customer service at RCCL.

And I agree with the others - I strongly dislike the idea of bar staff coming into my cabin each day.

When we were on the Radiance earlier this month, we asked the steward to remove the fridge items so we could put in the water that we had purchased, and got the same response: the bar folks had to do it. It was kind of annoying, in that I had no idea who in the bar department to ask. We asked the attendant to ask for us, and he did; and someone removed the contents . . . and left them all on the desk. I really didn't like losing prime desk-top real estate for the entire cruise.

Seems to me that any issues with your stateroom should be dealt with through your attendant. If they want to have a bunch of departments to deal with this and that, so be it; but it shouldn't be the guest's responsibility to track them all down.

When we were on the Radiance earlier this month, we asked the steward to remove the fridge items so we could put in the water that we had purchased, and got the same response: the bar folks had to do it. It was kind of annoying, in that I had no idea who in the bar department to ask. We asked the attendant to ask for us, and he did; and someone removed the contents . . . and left them all on the desk. I really didn't like losing prime desk-top real estate for the entire cruise.

Seems to me that any issues with your stateroom should be dealt with through your attendant. If they want to have a bunch of departments to deal with this and that, so be it; but it shouldn't be the guest's responsibility to track them all down.

I think I will bring a bag and just put the stuff in the bag in my closet and replenish at the end of the cruise and NOT mess with bar staff or cabin steward. Not sure WHY they are creating this problem for themselves and passengers (point of aggrevation) :confused:

That is what just happened to us on the oasis..and I agree you have to look at your fridge cause often you get charged for something that was missed.

But my bigger problem is when they actually check. I happen to be on a cruise with my family and my roomate had an early flight so I was up with her at 630 am. My sisters were in the rooms next to us and I went out to talk to my other sister when they came in our room to check, which is fine, but then I politely asked him not to knock on my other sisters door as she had three children in there sleeping who were not up yet and he said he had to do it..at 630 am????? I mean I know they have to get us off the ship but there is no need to wake people up at 630 in the morning just to check the fridge in the room, my sister was none to happy about it either.

We had trouble on Radiance on 10/9. We were charged mid-way through the cruise for 2 things we did not drink but took out so that every time we opened the door to the frig things did not fall out. We did not put any of our own beverages in there, but we did drink the water so were in and out a few times and every time some soda would fall out. Asked Guest Relations to remove the charges as the sodas were sitting right there on the desk. They said they would, but of course we got our bill on the final morning and they were still on there. Had to speak to the concierge who finally got them removed (I think).

We also had the guy knocking on our door before 7 am on departure day to refill. We were not happy as we had a late departure and were still sleeping.

I do not like the idea of another random person going into my cabin any time they feel like it. I do not like this new system at all. It is a total pain to have to ask for the charges to be removed and I do not need someone trying to restock the frig at 7 am either.

It would be nice if they left a notice in the room or in the fridge as to what you can and can't do in regard to the contents and who is responsible...I know that's asking alot, but seems like it should be possible. I make a list at the beginning of the cruise of contents and I've never had to use it, but it stays in the fridge and we have emptied it and put it in the cabinet. Hate to lose the space, but we just pretend it wasn't there to start with. Our steward said he couldn't remove it but we could. I don't know if they found the list or say where we moved it or what, but we didn't get charged.

Archived