Coffees in beverage packages?

PS90

I'm sorry, this is probably a really stupid question, but I can't live without my froo-froo coffee, and I will probably buy a drink package because of it. I'm thinking about buying a non-alcoholic package, because I won't be able to drink enough booze to make it worth it, but I will definitely drink enough pop and/or coffee.

So here's my question - the "classic" package, according to X's website says you can use it for "Premium Coffees and Teas", BUT the "premium" package says that you can use that package for "Specialty Coffees and Teas".

So, I guess my real question is - is there a difference in Celebrity-corporate-speak between "Premium" and "Specialty"? Or is the coffee the same for both packages?

Thanks for any help. Sorry about the dumb question. :o

X has addressed this in the FAQ section of their web site.They say that the "premium coffees" are served in the coffee lounges while the "specialty coffees" are served in any bar or lounge and include coffee with alcohol. They have changed this answer several times since the drink packages were started so how it will work on board is still a mystery to me.

I'm sorry, this is probably a really stupid question, but I can't live without my froo-froo coffee, and I will probably buy a drink package because of it. I'm thinking about buying a non-alcoholic package, because I won't be able to drink enough booze to make it worth it, but I will definitely drink enough pop and/or coffee.

So here's my question - the "classic" package, according to X's website says you can use it for "Premium Coffees and Teas", BUT the "premium" package says that you can use that package for "Specialty Coffees and Teas".

So, I guess my real question is - is there a difference in Celebrity-corporate-speak between "Premium" and "Specialty"? Or is the coffee the same for both packages?

Thanks for any help. Sorry about the dumb question. :o

I called celeb w this exact question

I posted in the beverage sticky up top

The difference between premium and specialty coffees has eluded many - including Celebrity themselves. The FAQ and a lot of responses from Celebrity indicate that the Specialty coffee includes the liquored up coffees but the staff on the ship don't necessarily follow this and did not include coffee with liquor for our friends on our last cruise. Standard espress, latte, cuppachino type drinks are covered by either package. I don't know if the classic package covers these if you have syrups and other special ingredients added or not.

I found this in the faq section a while back. I don't know if they've changed it or not.

What is the difference between Premium Coffee (Classic N/A Package) and Specialty Coffee (Premium N/A Package)?

Subject: Beverage Packages

Premium Coffee is in reference to our Cova and Lavazza cappuccinos, lattes, mochacinos, etc. that would normally be for charge to the guests. Specialty Coffee refers to our exotic coffee cocktails such as Sailor's Coffee(CN & ML Class) with Amaretto, Malibu Rum, Kahlúa liqueur and whipped cream, or the Espresso Melba (SL) with peaches, hot chocolate, whipped cream and crushed biscotti. Selections

I found this in jg51's sticky at the top of the Celebrity thread. This is just an excerpt of the coffee type drinks available and the cost. For a complete list of all drinks available you can go to the sticky and check it out.

===> Coffees and Teas (at Cafe al Bacio and/or the Lawn Club):

[ESPRESSO AND HOT CHOCOLATE:]

Ristretto or Espresso [half or single shot] 3.0

Espresso Doppio [double shot] 4.0

Espresso Macchiato [w. steamed milk] 3.0

Hot Chocolate 4.0

[ESPRESSO-BASED:]

Cappuccino 4.0

Caffe Latte 4.0

Caffe Americano 4.0

Caffe Mocha 4.0

White Chocolate Mocha 4.0

Caramel Macchiato 4.0

La Crème 5.0

Caffe Viennese 6.0

Espresso Ai Frutti Di Bosco 6.0

Espresso Crocante 6.0

Espresso Caraibico 6.0

Espresso Melba 6.0

Caffe Shakerato [iced] 5.0

Ice Bianco Espresso 5.0

Affogato [w choc syr over gelato] 5.0

Caffe Frappe w. Chocolate. Iglu 5.0

Caffe Frappe w. Vanilla Iglu 5.0

[For 0.5 more, add splash of almond, amaretto, caramel, cherry,

cinnamon, coconut, hazelnut, Irish crème, raspberry, vanilla]

Here's a beverage calculator provided by poolboyclay. He says you should download it as an excel file and then plug in the drinks you might buy and it will give you a total cost to see if a beverage package might be a fit for you. Just click on "File" Download As and then Excel.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtQ-heWqtag3dDB3dlRCdkk5MFJ6RFYycUM4T2Vocnc&hl=en#gid=0

Thanks so much, everybody!

Sorry, I didn't even think about finding this answer in the FAQ's on the website. That's what's great about this board!:)

EDIT: Okay, but the more I think about it - if I am considering ONLY a NON-alcoholic package, then the coffees are still listed as "Premium" for the Classic package, and "Specialty" for the Premium package. It doesn't make sense to me that the difference between "Premium" coffee and "Specialty" coffee is alcohol - since I am looking only at the NON-alcoholic packages. Does that make any sense? Or is this just a typo on the website FAQ's?

.... Okay, but the more I think about it - if I am considering ONLY a NON-alcoholic package, then the coffees are still listed as "Premium" for the Classic package, and "Specialty" for the Premium package. It doesn't make sense to me that the difference between "Premium" coffee and "Specialty" coffee is alcohol - since I am looking only at the NON-alcoholic packages. Does that make any sense? Or is this just a typo on the website FAQ's?

No it does not make sense. But I emailed celebrity and they confirmed this. However friends on board were told that the coffee drinks with alcohol were not included when they tried to order them on board a recent cruise. That's why I posted above that the answer remains elusive and even Celebrity staff seem inconsistent on the answer. I'm guessing the marketing gurus who developed the packages and their descriptions are out of sync with the ship board staff on this one - especially since including alcoholic coffee drinks in a non-alcoholic package does not make sense. I'd count on basic espresso based coffees being included but would not count on the alcoholic coffee drinks under the NA package despite the FAQ - if that is a make it or break it decision for you then you could check it out once on board and then purchase the package on the ship.

No it does not make sense. But I emailed celebrity and they confirmed this. However friends on board were told that the coffee drinks with alcohol were not included when they tried to order them on board a recent cruise. That's why I posted above that the answer remains elusive and even Celebrity staff seem inconsistent on the answer. I'm guessing the marketing gurus who developed the packages and their descriptions are out of sync with the ship board staff on this one - especially since including alcoholic coffee drinks in a non-alcoholic package does not make sense. I'd count on basic espresso based coffees being included but would not count on the alcoholic coffee drinks under the NA package despite the FAQ - if that is a make it or break it decision for you then you could check it out once on board and then purchase the package on the ship.

Thanks a lot, Larry. That makes complete sense. Especially the part about X's rules being "wishy-washy":D

So, it sounds to me like the "moral of this story" is that there isn't really any difference - as far as coffee is concerned - between the Classic and Premium NON-alcoholic packages, even though the wording on the website kinda sounds like there should be a difference...

Thanks again!

Archived