Dickenson Bay Beach

adobe

So I have a tour that is $36 pp to take us to Dickenson Bay Beach which is a 10 minute Taxi Ride. They have a lounch chair and a complimentary fruit or rum punch.

If we do this on our own and catch a Taxi to Dickenson Bay, how do we get a Taxi back to the ship? Are there taxi's all over the place there at the Beach? I am just worried how exactly we will get back. And does anyone know what it will cost for 2 people to travel by Taxi to the Beach?

Thanks!

Dickinson is ok but the area by Sandals has been ripped away so it is putting more pressure on the rest of the beach.

Try looking at runaway bay on the Sandhaven webb site

The beach is terrific and nearly a mile long You can rent a chair and shade and the restaurant and bar are good with resonable prices

Costs $12 each way in a taxi ( 4 people ) Chairs $5 Shades $6 ( will do for 2 people) So if there are four of you it works out at $14 per person

The bonus is you are only ten mins from the port and Taxi drivers are always sat in the bar waiting for return trade

Have a great time !!!

Lister-

May I ask what you mean in reference to the area by Sandals being ripped away?

My girlfriend and I are debating going to Hawskbill Resort or Sandals for the day in December. She sort of wanted to try Sandals but its $100 per person (maybe thats what you meant that Sandals is a rip off). She thought it might be a good opportunity to try check out something else for a future trip.

I appreciate any insight you have.

I did not mean that Sandals was a financial rip off but at $100 for the day then the cap seems to fit.

I have stayed at the Rex Halcyon virtually next door to Sandals and when we were there we used to enjoy a stroll along the beach past Sandals. The beach was quite wide and beautiful there but earlier this year the tides ripped away ALL the beach in front of sandals and started to take some of their lawned area I have no Idea how much has been put back but I believe that it is not much so having a beach day there might not be Idillic.

Anyway you are on a luxury liner having wall to wall food So why pay $100

just to eat food that might be the same or not so good.

Take a trip round the island and see some of the local life. Go to Nelsons dock yard have a snorkel at Long bay finnish the day on a mile of beautiful beach at the Sandhaven on Runaway bay which is in the next bay to Sandals and is only ten mins from the port so you can leave late in the afternoon to get back to the 5* luxury.

Have a great Time !!!

So I have a tour that is $36 pp to take us to Dickenson Bay Beach which is a 10 minute Taxi Ride. They have a lounch chair and a complimentary fruit or rum punch.

If we do this on our own and catch a Taxi to Dickenson Bay, how do we get a Taxi back to the ship? Are there taxi's all over the place there at the Beach? I am just worried how exactly we will get back. And does anyone know what it will cost for 2 people to travel by Taxi to the Beach?

Thanks!

That seems sort of expensive, we will be in Antigua in January and hired a private tour to stay with us for the day, spend time at the beach and the cost was 35.00 per person.......Just a thought

• 1 month later...
That seems sort of expensive, we will be in Antigua in January and hired a private tour to stay with us for the day, spend time at the beach and the cost was 35.00 per person.......Just a thought

We'll be in Antigua tues, Dec 28- yes, in 20 days! :) We would love the same scenario as you have booked. Can you share who you booked with? cruisedivanjatyahoo or pass my info along to who you booked with and have him email us. We are a party of 4.

thanks so much!

We'll be in Antigua tues, Dec 28- yes, in 20 days! :) We would love the same scenario as you have booked. Can you share who you booked with? cruisedivanjatyahoo or pass my info along to who you booked with and have him email us. We are a party of 4.

thanks so much!

Email is on its way - hope it works out for you

• 3 weeks later...
How about posting the name of the tour company so we can all see (and save you a lot of time with e-mails)? That is perfectly legal on these boards when done in response to a request.:)

Since you requested :) We are using Lawrence of Antigua - and so far they have been wonderful. We even received an email last night confirming our tour and any special requests.....gotta love great customer service

Dst, funny fact: We're on the same cruise! :) Think we're just gonna hit up Jolly beach by taxi :)

YEAH!!!! We knows we could be cabin neighbors :)

Have you been to Tortola before? Or any of the Islands....

Archived