Quasar?

PS90

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is yet another repeating thread, but what is Quasar?

It is listed on the Solstice's venues, but I have never heard anyone say a word about it. We are not partiers, and I would have no interest in doing a Carnival-frat-house-type cruise, but the option of something going on late at night is always a good thing.

Is this place an actual nightclub-type scene, similar to one on Carnival, for example, or is it just a lame excuse for a "hip bar", that X uses to say "we do cater to young people!"

Thanks for any info...

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is yet another repeating thread, but what is Quasar?

It is listed on the Solstice's venues, but I have never heard anyone say a word about it. We are not partiers, and I would have no interest in doing a Carnival-frat-house-type cruise, but the option of something going on late at night is always a good thing.

Is this place an actual nightclub-type scene, similar to one on Carnival, for example, or is it just a lame excuse for a "hip bar", that X uses to say "we do cater to young people!"

Thanks for any info...

It is a night club. They have a DJ booth and a bar. I would not

call it a "Frat House" vibe. In my opinion, none of the Celebrity

lounges/bars have that vibe to them.

It is on deck 4 (I think) and they have music and dancing in there.

So, yes, it would be another option for you.

Its a "future" themed disco/game room. I think they had a playstation or wii set up on a big screen. When I was on Solstice whenever I looked in there it was dead. I'm not much for late nights so maybe it livened up later in the evening/early morning or maybe I just looked in at the wrong times.

[ATTACH]173554[/ATTACH]

Its a "future" themed disco/game room. I think they had a playstation or wii set up on a big screen. When I was on Solstice whenever I looked in there it was dead. I'm not much for late nights so maybe it livened up later in the evening/early morning or maybe I just looked in at the wrong times.

[ATTACH]173554[/ATTACH]

Thanks, Lois and cruzmaven,

That's what I wanted to know - if you say it was dead all the time, then it seems more of a marketing ploy to attract younger people, than an actual "night spot".

It's a disco that doesn't attract many people till late at night -- until the deck parties or the themed parties are over. There was always a nice crowd -- medium size, so not too lonely but not too crowded -- around midnight to maybe 2am when we were there last June. But bear in mind the the summer caribbean cruise generally attract a younger crowd.

It's a good crowd, from 20's to 60's, NOT the frat house type, but more mellow and refined. It's definitely more elegant on formal nights when most people were still in their formal wears.

The music is contemporary dance music, upbeat, like the Lady Gaga and Cascada type. We had a great time each night. Too bad I forgot to shoot a video of this club. But you can see my videos of all the deck and themed parties from the link below.

Thanks, Lois and cruzmaven,

That's what I wanted to know - if you say it was dead all the time, then it seems more of a marketing ploy to attract younger people, than an actual "night spot".

From reading Mathgeek's post I would say its not a marketing ploy and

it is a night spot.

I have also been there before...not often because I am not usually

up "real late" but I know there were folks in there too:)

Archived