where to eat near hampton on sterling

kassimer1

We are staying at the hampton pre cruise for one night. our plane gets in at 6:40 pm. by the time we get to the hotel it will be around 8pm if we are lucky. Is there anywhere near to get a decent dinner. No fast food please. Something like italian or steak house?

I don't know of any Italian or Steak restaurants right in that area. Hollywood Ale House is in Oakwood Plaza (walk across the street) and has good food but it is very casual. I'm sure you can find the menu online. Tropical Acres is probably the closest steak house, a couple of miles away on Griffin, though it is nothing special. Casa Bella is a nice Italian restaurant a couple of miles away on US1.

I don't know of any Italian or Steak restaurants right in that area. Hollywood Ale House is in Oakwood Plaza (walk across the street) and has good food but it is very casual. I'm sure you can find the menu online. Tropical Acres is probably the closest steak house, a couple of miles away on Griffin, though it is nothing special. Casa Bella is a nice Italian restaurant a couple of miles away on US1.

thanks you

We just spent a night at the Hampton on Stirling and it was very nice. There was only McDonalds and fast food Mexican in the immediate area. We asked the desk about restaurants and were told the ones in the Oakwood Plaza were actually a half hour walk away.

i dont thiink we can do 1/2 walk . one of us has a heart problem

but thanks

Stayed on Sterling twice - once at Comfort Inn and once at LaQuinta. They were on opposite ends of the street. By the Comfort there was only fast food near by (I was awaiting knee surgery and couldn't walk far). The LaQuinta was "within walking distance" of a Sweet Tomatoes, Red Lobster, and a few other local places. Both hotels mislead when they said these resaurants were within .1 mile. Of course the plus with these hotels is free shuttles from airport and to cruise terminal, that's why we picked them.

Stayed on Sterling twice - once at Comfort Inn and once at LaQuinta. They were on opposite ends of the street. By the Comfort there was only fast food near by (I was awaiting knee surgery and couldn't walk far). The LaQuinta was "within walking distance" of a Sweet Tomatoes, Red Lobster, and a few other local places. Both hotels mislead when they said these resaurants were within .1 mile. Of course the plus with these hotels is free shuttles from airport and to cruise terminal, that's why we picked them.

We stayed there last week and the hotel hooked us up with a "private" cab to take us over to Sweet Tomatoes. I think he charged $8. for both of us each way. He gave us a card with his number on. We called when we finished and he came almost immediately. By the way, the Hampton Inn was super for the price we paid on bookitdotcom.

We stayed there last week and the hotel hooked us up with a "private" cab to take us over to Sweet Tomatoes. I think he charged $8. for both of us each way. He gave us a card with his number on. We called when we finished and he came almost immediately. By the way, the Hampton Inn was super for the price we paid on bookitdotcom.

Do you still have his number?

Glad to hear you had a successful stay with Bookit. We are also using them next Feb.

Did you use the transfer from the Airport or to the Pier ? If so, was it free and how did it go ? How many trips did they offer to the pier and how long did it take ?

Glad to hear you had a successful stay with Bookit. We are also using them next Feb.

Did you use the transfer from the Airport or to the Pier ? If so, was it free and how did it go ? How many trips did they offer to the pier and how long did it take ?

Yes, we used the shuttle from the airport. A funny thing happened when we got our luggage at FLL. I went to the phone provided for courtesy calls for hotel pickups and the Hampton never answered the phone - just a steady ring. We wasted so much time and I finally suggested we go out to the pickup. Good thing we did as Hampton Inn's shuttle was there picking up some people. When we got to the hotel they explained their phones had all gone down and there were several technicians there working on them. As far as going to the pier - they had various times depending on which cruise line you were using. Ours left the hotel about 10:45 and we stopped at one other hotel to pick up some people. It was very well organized and a very short ride to the pier.

Thanks so much. This clears the air up with those that booked through Bookit and were concerned or didn't even think those transfers were included.

Yes, we used the shuttle from the airport. A funny thing happened when we got our luggage at FLL. I went to the phone provided for courtesy calls for hotel pickups and the Hampton never answered the phone - just a steady ring. We wasted so much time and I finally suggested we go out to the pickup. Good thing we did as Hampton Inn's shuttle was there picking up some people. When we got to the hotel they explained their phones had all gone down and there were several technicians there working on them. As far as going to the pier - they had various times depending on which cruise line you were using. Ours left the hotel about 10:45 and we stopped at one other hotel to pick up some people. It was very well organized and a very short ride to the pier.

We are staying at the hampton pre cruise for one night. our plane gets in at 6:40 pm. by the time we get to the hotel it will be around 8pm if we are lucky. Is there anywhere near to get a decent dinner. No fast food please. Something like italian or steak house?

If you do a mapquest search for restaurants in the area you will find there are quite a few http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Hollywood&1s=FL&1a=2520+Stirling+Rd&1z=33020-1122&1y=US&1l=26.04811&1g=-80.15874&1v=ADDRESS&2c=Hollywood&2s=FL&2a=2520+Stirling+Rd&2z=33020-1122&2qn=restaurants&2y=US&2l=26.04811&2g=-80.15874&2v=ADDRESS#mqPgSt5 I have not eaten here, but there is an Italian Restaurant in the Oakwood plaza http://salsitalianristorante.net/menu_hollywood.html

There are tons of restaurants in the Oakwood Plaza but most are not within walking distance. Oakwood Plaza also seems to be on both sides of a busy highway. I loved the Hampton Inn but for the convenience of walking to restaurants and shops Hyatt Place north is the better choice.

I have a reservation from bookit for February. When I first made it, I was under the impression that Oakwood Plaza was really close to this hotel, but I guess that was wrong. So what restaurants are within reasonable walking distance of the hotel? And is the K-Mart at least close enough to pick up a 12-pack of soda?

I guess I could always order a pizza from somewhere as a last resort!

We will be arriving quite late. Is it possible just to get a sandwich at the Hampton Inn late night?

We used the Hampton snack shop and do not recall sandwiches. They had chips and a few candy bars for $1.00, ice cream bars for $2.00, and I seem to recall Lean Cuisine for $5.00. (There's a microwave in the room). There's also Chipotle across the street and Taco Bell and McDonalds on the other side of Comfort Inn next door.

Archived