alaska, recomended cruiseline for solo around age 30

redhydra

hi

i am considering a 1 week solo cruise in alaska from vancouver for either summer 2011 or 2012 , i am 27 years old

i know someone who travelled with princess cruise and they told me that the age group was very diverse and that i would be able to meet people around 30 (my age)

i also heard that carnival and ncl are nice cruise line for people of my age but i dont know if they are solo friendly

i am not looking to fall in love with a woman during a cruise, but if that happen, i wont turn it down

my purpose, i am looking for a medley of having a great time on a ship as well as taking nice photo picture of alaskan landscape

thanks for your awnser

i also considered celebrity as i though they had very beautiful ships

but from what i read, it atract a older and more mature and more sophisticated crowd

and although i am well traveled and have plenty of travel story to share, i dont think of myself as sophisticated

By sophisticated you mean snobbish or uppity, that's not at all the case. I've been on at least 20 Celebrity cruises, and you'll find all sorts of passengers, but hardly snobbish. Celebrity is a bit more upscale in the sense that you won't find belly flop or hairy legs contests, but that doesn't equal more sophistication, just a different approach to cruises. You'll find Celebrity has a more low key approach, that will not batter you with non stop announcements or trying to sell you stuff at every turn. During summer months, Celebrity has a very diverse passenger list, including lots of young families and yes, some oldsters. But, Alaska doesn't seen to attract a lot of singles, for what reason, I don't know.

hi

i am considering a 1 week solo cruise in alaska from vancouver for either summer 2011 or 2012 , i am 27 years old

i know someone who travelled with princess cruise and they told me that the age group was very diverse and that i would be able to meet people around 30 (my age)

i also heard that carnival and ncl are nice cruise line for people of my age but i dont know if they are solo friendly

i am not looking to fall in love with a woman during a cruise, but if that happen, i wont turn it down

my purpose, i am looking for a medley of having a great time on a ship as well as taking nice photo picture of alaskan landscape

RedHydra, I have always cruised as a single and have been with several different lines. I think you will enjoy the Alaskan trip as the landscape is excellent, its truly the last frontier. My experience with the various lines would be for someone your age to look at Carnival, NCL, or Royal Carribean, as they all have a diverse age. Carnival is sometimes said to be the party line, but you will get different opinions on that as well. Holland America & Princess passengers do run towards an older crowd, not that they don't have younger passengers but most of them will be older than you in my experience. I haven't cruised with Celebrity so I can't tell you much about them. The others I have cruised with and enjoyed all of them. The trip is all about what you are looking for, so I don't think you will be disappointed with any of the cruise lines on that inside passage cruise, as it is a good one. Good Luck

hi travelnap, thanks for your information, yeah me too i am thinking, either ncl (that i will have the chance to trie in 2 month) or carnival or rci

based on what i read of these company, they seem the best for someone like me

• 5 months later...

For Alaska I think you meet more young singles when you pick the edgier excursions - do the rafting to see the Eagles or the Plane ride to see the glacier. I loved Alaska - went on Princess. I got a girl friend and a guy friend to go along and we did a suite! We had a blast and met lots of other singles. At first look though the crowd is older but if you look you can always find singles. Talk to other folks and they will introduce you around!

Archived