Fantasy Ocean View - does deck really matter?

cec311

Planning a June 11' cruise on the fantasy out of charleston. We've never cruised and will book an ocean view cabin. Does the deck matter at all or is one preferred over another.

Thanks for the info.

Have done quite a few cruises, up top, in middle, on bottom, up front and in the very back. Lower and towards middle has far less motion. Easier to get back to your cabin after shore excursions, too. Not worth ANY additional money, IMHO, just for a higher level. Depending on what you plan to do on sea days, I would see whether it might be worth looking for a cabin more fore or aft-- would save some walking if, for instance, you would be a big Camp Carnival visitor and it was on the other end of the ship.

My favorite cabins are the Spa deck cabins on Conquest class, and the connecting balcony/interior on Spirit class.

First trip? I would not worry much. The cabins are basically the same in each class, no matter what deck.

Planning a June 11' cruise on the fantasy out of charleston. We've never cruised and will book an ocean view cabin. Does the deck matter at all or is one preferred over another.

Thanks for the info.

Unless you MUST have the shortest walk, or if you're extremly affected by any type of motion, the answer is NO.

We've done everything from the Rivera to the Empress deck, As far forward as the second cabin from the front, to an aft facing cabin. On this class of ship, the standard cabins are exactly the same. None was more memorable than the other.

With that said:

Best location for motion: Riviera deck, mid ship (cat 6B).

Best location for closeness to the action: Empress deck, forward (cat 6D or 6E).

Hi- just home today from a cruise on the Fantasy - we were in R101, ocean view room on the riviera deck, about midship, and we loved it. we used the stairs a lot just to burn off all that good eats, but the elevators are fast and convenient. I loved having the window- plenty of natural light and right over the water.

We have cruised the Fantasy and Sensation several times. We like Ocean View midship the best due to movement. I prefer Empress or Upper deck. The main reason we try for Empress, with Upper as a second best is the stairs. We do use the stairs as much as possible, but due to some breathing issues and back problems, I cannot always do the stairs. I know I can use the elevator, but in a real emergency on board, I don't know that I can always take the stairs. If you are in good shape to use the stairs, I would say any deck, but as midship as possible due to movement.

Archived