Xmas 2010 QM2 Dinner Sitting ?? Upgrades??

welshgirl001

Hi Everyone

We were wondering if we have made the right choice for dinner. We are currently on first sitting selected by DH when he booked. Our previous cruise on QM2 was a TA in April 08 on late sitting and then it seemed like we were always ready to eat sooner than 8pm but of course we had no shore visits to deal with so maybe early sitting is going to be a rush on shore days on this trip.

What are all your thoughts and could we change now if we chose to?

On another subject due to reading various threads here i was curious about how people got upgrades..... so i looked at todays pricing and i had paid more $$$:eek: through my travel agent for a C3 oceanview that was being charged today by Cunard for a B5 sheltered balcony...... SO not wanting to be beaten:mad: i emailed the said ta and by next day had an upgrade from orig C3 to a B5 and some extra obc too :). So thanks to this CC site for all the valuable info.

My ta also said that it was noted that if they can i may be bumped up to an A5 (dont know what that is ?) but not done now cos then wouldnt get the obc.

Does this make any sense to anyone, should i be happy now or live in hope?

Not long now:D

I have no idea what an A5 is on QM2, but I'd rather have a B4/B3 than an A4 (which would be on 8 obstructed by the lifeboats).

B5 is aft on Deck 4, one deck above the G32 nightclub. I was way forward on 5 so I don't have any experience in B5 but I'd be a bit concerned about noise at night.

Thanks for cabin info folks:)

Any advice re Which dinner sitting?

We do like to go with the flow and are not party poopers by any means, so i am thinking we have the wrong sitting with an early confirmed seating:confused:

Can we change our sitting with travel agent or do we have to take pot luck it can be changed with the restaurant once on board?

Has anyone got early sitting or have previous experience (good or bad) with this on a similar itinary?

Oh Decisions decisions!!

Thanks

Sadly I can confirm this. The music in G32 could not be described as loud, by any stretch of the imagination.

Loud is not the word I would use either.

Cacophonous would however be more apt. But it is also far, far too loud to be a place that I would ever enter.

That's the problem with all the music on Cunard - too much amplification (Queen's Room aside).

The string quartet is the worst. Anything audible with that collection is too loud.

WD

Archived