14 day cruise, to long or just right? What to pack?

brnibaby

And don't forget Lorraine Artz who spends about 10 months a year on the Royal Princess.

We have never met her although she is quite a legend among regular Princess cruisers (we are in that crowd). It was rumored that she was a very angy lady when she was told that Princess was getting rid of the old Royal Princess (a very popular ship).

Hank

We have never met her although she is quite a legend among regular Princess cruisers (we are in that crowd). It was rumored that she was a very angy lady when she was told that Princess was getting rid of the old Royal Princess (a very popular ship).

Hank

This is the second time they have pulled a Royal Princess out from under her.

We met her three years ago on a Med cruise on the Royal.

........ she was a very angy lady when she was told that Princess was getting rid of the old Royal Princess (a very popular ship).

Hank

Just wondering :confused: ANGRY or UPSET? I guess either way it doesn't matter if they did what they did. While I haven't sailed on Princess, yet, I have heard about her.

DH and I have only booked 7 day cruises but this time we are going for a 14 night cruise. We were curious on your thoughts about whether its to long or did you feel nice and relaxed? Also we could use packing tips on such a long cruise. TY

We love 14 day cruises....Pack for a week and wear everything twice.

DH and I have only booked 7 day cruises but this time we are going for a 14 night cruise. We were curious on your thoughts about whether its to long or did you feel nice and relaxed? Also we could use packing tips on such a long cruise. TY

I have ever taken a 14 day cruise-but I have cruised a 12 day and a 10 day. Neither cruise was I ready to debark. I would love to do a 14 day.

as far as packing-try and pack a lot of mix and match-so you can cut down on the amount you take-packing for that many days is not easy if you have a diff. outfit each day.

We've only been on one 13 night cruise, with pre and post days it was a 19 night trip. We packed for one week, plus my 3 cocktail length dresses and my husband rented a tux. If I did it again I would only take 2 cocktail dresses and wear one twice.

If we could have turned around and gotten back onto the ship and cruised another 13 nights, we would have done so with no problem.

As far as worrying about packing, be assured that everyone on a longer cruise is packing less and wearing things multiple times. What with changing for dinner every night, it would take way too much luggage to pack 28 outfits. Even toiletries were not a problem, we just picked a few things up while in port towns, everywhere you go you can find toothpaste, shampoo, etc...

I would actually prefer a 10 day cruise, but the cruiselines don't seem to schedule those much. I've done a 12 day New England/Canada with 2 days in NYC pre-cruise. I would have been alright if they hadn't changed the itinerary. We made all our port stops going Northbound, so when returning Southbound, it was 3 days at sea. By day 3 I was climbing the walls. You can only read, sleep, play games, walk the ship, shop, even pack and repack etc. just so much.

Then we did a 12 day Med cruise with 3 days pre-cruise Rome, 2 days post-cruise Venice and 2 days in Paris before flying home. 21 days traveling, and we were really ready to get home and relax. The Med was very port intensive and we were on the go all the time.

I don't think I could take 14 days on the ship, and I would never ever plan a 40, 50, 60 day cruise. I've been gone from home 5 weeks and that was way too long even for a land vacation. The 21 days we did the Med was quite long enough. We are doing shorter trips now, did an 8 day to Washington DC and next year will do a 7 night Northwest Pacific cruise from Vancouver to Los Angeles.

So everyone has their different choices to make. Good luck and have a great cruise!

Hank,

We are with you. Next year we have a 44 day and a 42 day. I am working my way up hoping to talk DW into a world cruise.

Our last cruise was 14 days and I could have gone more, but DH was ready to come home. (I think if the ship was a bit bigger he would have been OK) Paul - I see the interesting cruises you take and wish I was there! Good luck on the world cruise!!:D

We've just booked our 2nd 17 nighter from Southampton to Venice and back, but we've made sure it's on a big ship with lots of things to do, including a passengers'choir... The laudries are free, and I take my own non-bio tablets. We aim to wear pale things the first week, so that we can have a "white" wash, including evening shirts. As we know the ship, we've chosen an inside near the library, internet....and the Costa coffee bar!

Jo.

Archived