sailing out of LA????

delidan

what's better, flying into LA or Longbeach?????????????????????

LGB is closer but with fewer flights available there are less options if there is a delay for any reason. That could apply either inbound or outbound...LGB is a smaller airport which is convenient but not as many options as LAX if there's a delay.

LGB is a tiny airport, which some people like. On the other hand, there are fewer flight options and it's usually more expensive than flying into LAX. When I lived in the Boston area, I checked into flying Jet Blue to/from BOS and LGB. It was more expensive than flying into LAX on another airline and the options flying back to BOS were a 10:30am and a 3pm flight. There was no way I would take a 10:30am flight and I had a choice of about six flights leaving LAX to BOS between Noon and 1pm a lot cheaper than Jet Blue. Granted, this was several years ago but I always make sure there are alternative flights available should the ship be delayed getting back into port.

Sorry, but Long Beach has a runway that will accommodate any aircraft. That being said, there are many fewer and more expensive flights out of LGB because there is not the competition.

I love to fly our of Burbank, because it is the closest airport to me, but with its short runways

it cannot handle transcontinental aircraft. Also it is more expensive to fly out of Burbank.

We are taking a red eye to FLL next month, but have to fly out of LAX to get to the ship.

I hope the OP does not mind, but does anyone have an opinion on John Wayne as an option? It seems to be smaller and easier to navigate than LAX with more flight options than LGB

What is the distance and transport cost vs LAX?

John Wayne, aka Orange County/Santa Ana (SNA) is about 30 - 45 minutes away from San Pedro. It's larger than LGB and has more flight options but like LGB, it's often more expensive to fly into than LAX. If you're flying cross-country, there are few, if any, non-stop flights. Transportation to the port is also more expensive.

I'm about 15 - 20 minutes south of SNA so I try to fly in/out of there whenever possible but often, I find flying in/out of LAX, while less convenient, is less expensive and I'm able to take non-stop flights.

Archived