Yet another Early Saver Question

gsueagle2424

I booked early saver for my cruise coming up this Saturday, Nov. 6th. This date is no longer available to check on the Carnival website but I noticed a huge drop in price on the same itinerary later in the month.

I was wondering if I call up Carnival and see what the last minute booking price is for my cruise will they honor that rate and give me any on-board credit?

For example, say I paid $300 a person with early saver - I call Carnival today (3 days before my cruise) and they offer the cruise for $249 a person (same cabin). Do they have to honor this credit of $51?

I booked early saver for my cruise coming up this Saturday, Nov. 6th. This date is no longer available to check on the Carnival website but I noticed a huge drop in price on the same itinerary later in the month.

I was wondering if I call up Carnival and see what the last minute booking price is for my cruise will they honor that rate and give me any on-board credit?

For example, say I paid $300 a person with early saver - I call Carnival today (3 days before my cruise) and they offer the cruise for $249 a person (same cabin). Do they have to honor this credit of $51?

For YOUR sailing, If there ARE cabins in same category as you booked and offered for a booking rate that you're eligible for, then you can get OBC up to 2 business days before sailing. If they only have Guarantee Rates (funsaver, Pack-and-go....) that's a different booking rate/Category than your Early Saver and you can't directly price match - if the guarantee rate for the Category (OV, BL, ST) above your booked Category drops lower than your ES rate, then you can upgrade and get OBC for the difference.

I'm not sure any of these scenarios are very likely at this date?

ken

For YOUR sailing, If there ARE cabins in same category as you booked and offered for a booking rate that you're eligible for, then you can get OBC up to 2 business days before sailing. If they only have Guarantee Rates (funsaver, Pack-and-go....) that's a different booking rate/Category than your Early Saver and you can't directly price match - if the guarantee rate for the Category (OV, BL, ST) above your booked Category drops lower than your ES rate, then you can upgrade and get OBC for the difference.

I'm not sure any of these scenarios are very likely at this date?

ken

Thanks for the info! This is kind of what I figured but thought I would ask. We got a really good rate with the early saver anyway so I am not terribly worried about it.

Archived