Time change in Belize

pbair90

I have learned through these boards that Belize local time may be one to two hours different than Carnival ship time. Does anyone know if it will be one or two hours in December? I know we're doing daylight savings change here this weekend, and I'm wondering if that means it will move to just one hour difference.

We're doing the Lamanai Ruins tour, and with the 6 hours, I'm wondering how nervous I need to be regarding getting back on time :rolleyes:

Ship's time should change along with local time. At least my cruiseline always does this. So the time change shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you have lots of time to get back to the sihp prior to sailing, especially since it's a tender port. We're also doing Lamanai this December, for the second time (doing a ship's tour, so don't have to worry about getting back in time). Great trip, definitely worth it.

I am confused, so if we are doing an excursion in Belize and they said to meet at 8:30 am belize time. On the carnival valor itinerary it says we are in port 8:00 - 5:00. How do I know when to get off the boat to meet? I live in Pgh and we are eastern time. Since the cruise departs from Florida are we on eastern time throughout the cruise? Please tell me in eastern time what time I would need to get off the boat. Sorry if this is a dumb question but this really confuses me. Thanks:rolleyes::eek:

I have learned through these boards that Belize local time may be one to two hours different than Carnival ship time. Does anyone know if it will be one or two hours in December? I know we're doing daylight savings change here this weekend, and I'm wondering if that means it will move to just one hour difference.

We're doing the Lamanai Ruins tour, and with the 6 hours, I'm wondering how nervous I need to be regarding getting back on time :rolleyes:

Belize does not observe daylight savings time and is on Central Standard time all year long. This sunday the United states returns to Standard Time. Some ship lines do change to local time in ports others do not. Carnival ships do stay on the time of their homeport. So the Valor will be on EST and one hour ahead of Belize. Think going from Miami to Chicago.

You'll be in Belize from 7-4P Belize time. Youyr last tender will leave the Tourism Village tender pier at 3PM Belize time(4PM ship time).

If your tour is a ship sponsored tour you don't need to worry about missing the ship as a tender will wait for you. If you are on a private tour with an outside vendor, you should plan your tour so you are back between 2 and 2:30 Belize time, just to give you some wiggle room for delays. Most vendors are highly aware of the time they have and will seek to get you back to the tender pier on time or early.

Your ship will provide information on the local time and ship time in the "Fun Times" daily newsletter. DO NOT adjust your watches to local time, keep them on ship time. DO NOT rely on your cell phone for the time, it wiill automatically shift to local time.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived