Magens or Coki Beach?

PK4SC

If you want to snorkel go to Coki. There is no worthwhile snorkeling at Magens. Magens has more amenities, better rest rooms, better food, more choices, a small boutique, wide lovely beach. Coki is smaller, crowded, has more local "color" both good and bad, but usually good snorkeling.

I had planned on going to Magens, but we went to Sapphire instead for the snorkeling and then didn't want to leave once we got there (had planned on 1/2 day there and 1/2 day at Maggens). It was the most beautiful beach and best fish I've ever seen. It might be a place to consider. Similar to Coki, but I think from what I've read, a safer, nicer area.

Here's my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1280889

Megans bay is beautiful but no snorkeling . With crystal clear water, no waves and we did not find it crowded. Maybe check to see how many ships are in port that day. We were there during Easter break 2009. There was a wedding. So romantic. sapphir beach was crowded the day we were there this year during Easter break 2010. Snorkeling was good. Saw turtles and some fish.

We tried Morningstar beach the last time we were in St Thomas and actually loved it more than Megans, Sapphire or Coki beaches (we have been to all of them many times and had stayed at Sapphire Beach twice for a week each time in the past). It is also very close to the cruise pier at Havensight. We plan to go to Morningstar again next week. Had chair and umbrella rentals and the modest waves are a nice change of pace from other beaches.

• 4 weeks later...
We tried Morningstar beach the last time we were in St Thomas and actually loved it more than Megans, Sapphire or Coki beaches (we have been to all of them many times and had stayed at Sapphire Beach twice for a week each time in the past). It is also very close to the cruise pier at Havensight. We plan to go to Morningstar again next week. Had chair and umbrella rentals and the modest waves are a nice change of pace from other beaches.

Is there any snorkeling at Morningstar? Do you have any pictures?

Archived