Just back from Carnival Spirit--Alcohol

onthehighseas606

I went to the pursers desk and got a refund for the booze, and told them they had a fatal flaw in their alcohol security system.

But not all was lost. Our cabin steward knocked on our door last night and there in his hand were the two bottles of booze DH had purchased. The charge was not on our final S&S card. So alas, another fatal flaw in their dispensing of the booze from the gift shop. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Okay by me though. :D

I'm glad you feel comfortable about getting two bottles under false pretenses. Those weren't purchased by you since you requested and received a refund for them. :rolleyes:

Well Missy or Mister, were you sitting in the hot tub listening to the conversation? ASS-U-ME too much. Our liquor wasn't confiscated, theirs got confiscated. They ASS-U-MEd that the 2 bottles of allotted wine was in the legal boundaries of Carnival's rules. However, their mistake was checking it in and not physically bringing it on board with their carry on's. Wegot lucky with the 2 bottles DH purchased, was refunded the money, but got the 2 bottles on the last day. Nice gift from Carnival--guess we'll go that route the next time.

I find it interesting that you were at the customer service desk to complain that you didn't get your two bottles of liquor and I'm sure voiced your opinion so strongly that you got your money back.

I'm sure you forgot to mention that you went back to tell them that you ended up with your two bottles of liquor. Otherwise, it's stealing, no matter how you want to spin it.

I'm certain you will flame me, so go ahead.

Archived