Carrying On Non-Alcholic Liquid Drink Mixers

moviegal

Hi! I don't drink liquor and I'm on a strict low-carb diet (yeah, I know, cruising is gonna be rough this year!), but I love Baja Bob's sugar free margarita mix. It comes in a large plastic bottle. Do ya'll think I will have a hard time getting that onboard in my carryon bag? I mean, it has absolutely NO liquor in it, it's just margarita flavored liquid. I really need it since I'd like to join my family when they are having drinks at the bar, and I love margaritas, but I don't want the alcohol or added sugars. So do the security folks really read the labels to see that there's NO LIQUOR, or will they just take it because it will say "margarita mix" on the label?

Hi! I don't drink liquor and I'm on a strict low-carb diet (yeah, I know, cruising is gonna be rough this year!), but I love Baja Bob's sugar free margarita mix. It comes in a large plastic bottle. Do ya'll think I will have a hard time getting that onboard in my carryon bag? I mean, it has absolutely NO liquor in it, it's just margarita flavored liquid. I really need it since I'd like to join my family when they are having drinks at the bar, and I love margaritas, but I don't want the alcohol or added sugars. So do the security folks really read the labels to see that there's NO LIQUOR, or will they just take it because it will say "margarita mix" on the label?
I've brought soda, ice tea, water, and juices and never had an issue unless they've gotten stricter?;):confused: My guess is you'll be fine!:)

Hi..my sugestion would be for you to pack them in your Checked Luggage. I did that and carefully hid the rumrunners and it worked. I have heard that they don't seem to be that much interested in the mixes but why take a chance on carrying it in your carry on.:D

You should have no problem, we have brought these kind of mixers on before a few times. The only thing I would advise is that you make sure it's a brand new, sealed bottle - too many people "pre-mixing". If it's sealed it should be no problem. I would definitely do carry-on to avoid the naughty room.

Robin

DH and I carried on a big jug of Cuervo Margarita Mix and 6 bottles of wine. We were worried, but just showed the official at the Corkage table that label says "Non-Alcoholic" and they let it through. So my advice is to have it with your carry-on luggage and to "declare" it at the corkage table.

I think if you tried to hide it in your luggage, you'll just end up in the Naughty Room for nothing! I just carried on Jose Cuervo Mix and M/M T's Bloody Mary mix in a backpack without a problem last month! ;)

You can carry on mixers without any problem. Put it in your carry-on luggage, state that you have it, you will have no problem. Mixers are allowed. I would not put it in your check in. I don't think some realize the extra scrutiny their elicit behavior causes.:(

I have some pop and water I am packing in my checked luggage. It's about a case of pop (minus the two I drank at the hotel:)).

Is there any step I can take to avoid the lineup and luggage delay of this "naughty room"? Such as advising whomever takes my baggage of the pop inside?

Any suggestions short of carrying it on? Its a little too big to carry on with my other carry on items.

Also do you HAVE to check your luggage or can you carry it all on?

I have some pop and water I am packing in my checked luggage. It's about a case of pop (minus the two I drank at the hotel:)).

Is there any step I can take to avoid the lineup and luggage delay of this "naughty room"? Such as advising whomever takes my baggage of the pop inside?

Any suggestions short of carrying it on? Its a little too big to carry on with my other carry on items.

Also do you HAVE to check your luggage or can you carry it all on?

Put one of your room tags on the soda. Don't put your pop in a bag. Take it out and stick a tag on it. I print out my own labels beforehand.

Regarding the luggage carry on. It may have changed in the past few days.

Put one of your room tags on the soda. Don't put your pop in a bag. Take it out and stick a tag on it. I print out my own labels beforehand.

Regarding the luggage carry on. It may have changed in the past few days.

Thanks for the great suggestion. Probably saved me a rough start to my trip.

I do have a few extra tags from the set that came in the mail. Unfortunately I don't have a "case", its actually three 8-packs and a 6-pack of water. All are sealed, no alcohol, no tricks. I do have a large thick ziplock bag I was going to use for dirty laundry which I could easily fit everything in. It is transparent.

Archived