Latest Prices for Cigarettes Onboard???

wantocruisemore

Packing to leave. First flying to NOLA for a couple of days and then onboard ship. DH had asked me to pick him up a couple of cartons for the trip (yes, he smokes, one of the reasons we got an aft balcony) and I seem to remember that they were reasonably priced on the ship.

Anyone who has sailed recently know the prices per carton, and how good is the selection (he smokes Marlboro lights)? We'll be on the Triumph if that makes a difference.

Packing to leave. First flying to NOLA for a couple of days and then onboard ship. DH had asked me to pick him up a couple of cartons for the trip (yes, he smokes, one of the reasons we got an aft balcony) and I seem to remember that they were reasonably priced on the ship.

Anyone who has sailed recently know the prices per carton, and how good is the selection (he smokes Marlboro lights)? We'll be on the Triumph if that makes a difference.

I think it is 2 cartons for 49 bucks.. but you can look for the deal for 5 and get one carton free.. not sure of the price tho.. but you are best to go early as that is a popular brand and they maybe sold out later in the cruise

We were on Conquest a week ago. I paid $52 for 2 cartons. They have all kinds of Marlboro. I just took one pack with me and bought more on the ship.

Have a great cruise!

Back when I smoked I ran into a situiation where I only brought a few cigarettes with me due to planning on buying some in the duty free shop on board once they openned.

It was a bit of a bummer when our scheduled 5:00 departure turned into midnight.

Come prepared.

Back when I smoked I ran into a situiation where I only brought a few cigarettes with me due to planning on buying some in the duty free shop on board once they openned.

It was a bit of a bummer when our scheduled 5:00 departure turned into midnight.

Come prepared.

Thanks, I will. I think I will probably take him enough to last for a few days and buy the rest on the ship. That can be a good excuse to get him to the shops!:D

We were on Conquest a week ago. I paid $52 for 2 cartons. They have all kinds of Marlboro. I just took one pack with me and bought more on the ship.

Paid $52 for two cartons a couple weeks ago on the Splendor

Have a great cruise!

I bought the five carton deal last month and it was $110. Marlboro lights.

Wish they did that for the menthols :(

We bought 2- 5 carton boxes for $218 on Splendor two weeks ago...

Hi: Did you happen to notice if they had Virginia Slims 120's and/or Misty Light 120's? We're leaving Sunday morning on the Explorer! Maybe I won't have to bring so many from home.

Thanks very much for your quick response.

Safe sails always.

Hi: Did you happen to notice if they had Virginia Slims 120's and/or Misty Light 120's? We're leaving Sunday morning on the Explorer! Maybe I won't have to bring so many from home.

Safe sails always.

I know they didn't have either of those.

You can purchase as many has you like...U.S. customs allowances however are the tricky part. If you stop in a U.S. virgin island you are allowed 5 cartons per person duty free...Since I travel with my DH, that bumps up our combined allowance to 10 cartons...If we bought 20 we would be required to report our "overage" of 10.

Safe sails always.

I smoke Misty's and they do not have them. I bought VS's instead....not sure if they had the 120's but had the others.

I've seen Virginia Slims on the ship. Winstons and others. The best deals we've seen have been on Marlboros 5 carton deal.

You can take 2 cartons per person I think. It has never been a problem in customs. A reasonable amounts is acceptable in most situations.

Prices can vary up and down from ship to ship. I've seen the lowest prices sailing from Florida where the 5 carton deal was $89 or $99. They've been as much as 5 for $179 on a sailing from Norfolk.:( Cheaper here at home at the time. Took a cruise from Florida a few months later and prices were cheap again. Then back "north" and did a cruise from Baltimore where prices were outrageous. I think it depends on homeport and there isn't a standard policy on pricing across the fleet.

Does anyone remember how many cartons can be brought back through Customs? :confused:

Luv's Crusin'

I smoke Misty's and they do not have them. I bought VS's instead....not sure if they had the 120's but had the others.

Thanks a lot! I'll check on board for VS 120's...If not, I'll check price in St. Thomas and see which is the better deal. I'll bring enough for the whole cruise, just in case. Don't want to be "stuck" without cigs for a 12 night cruise.

One of the reasons (among many others) why Customs implements allowances is to deter people from buying "cheap" and "duty free" items outside the country then bringing them back into the country to try and make a profit. Sure, the allowance may be 2 cartons (not sure of this correct me if im wrong) per person, but if you have 5-10 cartons, as long as you declare it on the customs form when you return, there should be no issue with it. The problem arises when you come back and declare you are bringing in 50 cartons of cigarettes or if you don't declare items and you happen to be the lucky soul who gets picked out of the line for a random inspection. If they happen to find items that aren't declared or with the previous situation, the red flags start going up and questions are going to want to be answered. In that case hopefully I can snag a couple of cartons next week on the freedom.

When I got off the Miracle last year it was 1 carton per person over the age of 18. We were a party of 6 but only 3 of us were over 18. I had to pay duty of $10 per carton over the 3 we were allowed. So at a total of $30 per carton it was still cheaper than what I pay at home so I didn't mind at all. I did declare how many I had bought, but I'm thinking about not declaring this time and trying to get away with it. What happens if you are the random search person? Is there a penalty for not declaring or do you just have to pay the duty that you would have if you volunteered the info up front?

I have read many threads on buying cigs on board but the answer I really need is what brands do they carry. I am a menthol type of guy. Am I going to find name brand menthol (salem, kools, ect.)? If all else fails I will take enough with me for the trip and then just buy some to bring home if they are available. Really no big deal either way but was wondering.

Thanks

When I got off the Miracle last year it was 1 carton per person over the age of 18. We were a party of 6 but only 3 of us were over 18. I had to pay duty of $10 per carton over the 3 we were allowed. So at a total of $30 per carton it was still cheaper than what I pay at home so I didn't mind at all. I did declare how many I had bought, but I'm thinking about not declaring this time and trying to get away with it. What happens if you are the random search person? Is there a penalty for not declaring or do you just have to pay the duty that you would have if you volunteered the info up front?

If caught, they can take them away from you, fine you, etc...it can be a big deal....

I have read many threads on buying cigs on board but the answer I really need is what brands do they carry. I am a menthol type of guy. Am I going to find name brand menthol (salem, kools, ect.)? If all else fails I will take enough with me for the trip and then just buy some to bring home if they are available. Really no big deal either way but was wondering.

Thanks

there were menthols, I just can't remember the brand...they were a few well known brands of menthols, I just don't recall the names...

Archived