Parking choices in Galveston???

Katmarha

Due to work obligations I have to drive down to Galveston on the day of the cruise and I checked the Galveston site for parking. I didn't realize there were so many to pick from.

EZ Cruise

Galveston Park N Cruise

Lighthouse

Port of Galveston

Discount Parking

Lighthouse is the most expensive (not by much) while Galveston PNC is the cheapest. It will be myself and my DD (10) so I am not sure how hectic it is going to be crossing the street and park at Galveston PNC.

Has anyone with children done the Galveston PNC and crossed that street to the port? Easy walk with lugguage (a bag each?)

Are you sure?? Discount has usually been $5 less than EZCruise on a 7 day, its the same for Ecstasy $35.

Why would you park somewhere with 2 children to save $5 when for the extra $5 you get a shuttle to drop you at the door??

Iv parked at the hotel(s), EZCruise and Discount. Even though I can easily walk to the port, when I book a parking lot, I pick one with a shuttle. Saves wear and tear on the wheels of my suitcase.

Just a tip so people dont have to go looking for the info .. state your ship or days to park. I, like many who post a lot, have signatures blocked .. I do see now you are on Ecstasy .. now to compare I need to look to find out how many days you are parking. I see the parking lot you are talking about is $30 for 4 days or $33 for a 5 days .. but the EZCruise and Discount are $35 for either ... so its very helpful to give info if you want help. I still wouldnt walk for 4 people both directions to save $2 or $5.

Are you sure?? Discount has usually been $5 less than EZCruise on a 7 day, its the same for Ecstasy $35.

Why would you park somewhere with 2 children to save $5 when for the extra $5 you get a shuttle to drop you at the door??

Ummmm yes I am sure.

The small cost is not really the question - I was really thinking about convenience and ease. The last time I was at the port it was a madhouse with the shuttles and all the traffic, so since this ship is smaller - I wonder if it will be as crazy. Thanks for your input Fire.

I have used EZ Cruise. It's affordable, secure and convenient. They take you right to the pier and are there to pick you up on your return - no hassle at all.

Thanks for the input. I should book something this week so I have to stop procrastinating!

Count us in as people who use EZ-Cruise Park when we cruise. Whether we cruise on Carnival or Royal Caribbean this is the place we will use. Prebooking online saves you $5.00, their staff is friendly and, they have a person who places your luggage on the shuttle and takes it off for you at the termial. And when you return they are there waiting for you and helps you by loading your luggage on their shuttle and taking it off their luggage for you when you get back to their lot. Their lot is secured and is enclosed by a chain linked fence and is locked when there are no ships in port.

If you use them you early because you will want the lot within eye-site of the terminal. Otherwise you will have to park in their over-flow lot which is about a mile away.

Most of the lots, lighthouse, the park n cruise one, even the port parking ..none had a live person by 4 pm the day I cruised ... only EZCruise. I booked the day of the cruise and that was the only lot with a live person. .. which means only they had a live person watching the lot too. They say they have them there 24/7 besides the chain link fence.

EZCruise also fought for me when hurricane Ike wiped out Galveston and our cars and Allstate was so darn late getting in to evaluate my car, and tow truck were taking cars from anywhere they could get in to. EZcruise kept my car safe for weeks. (so I had several occasions to call Cindy and talk to her). Their shuttles are all new since Ike. They lost all their vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from my cruise on the Ecstasy, and since I did a lot of research here beforehand, I figured I’d share my own experience for the next person who is looking. :) After reading a number of positive reviews for other options, and considering hotel parking, I went with Galveston Park N Cruise for the sheer convenience. We were able to park, walk basically a couple blocks with our rolling suitcases, and we were at the terminal. Afterwards was even better – no waiting for shuttles, just a 2-minute walk back to our car. The people working there seemed friendly and professional. We booked online in advance, and were on their list when we got there. We spent a little extra for indoor parking, and it was still reasonably priced. Sounds like there are other good parking options as well, but I’d recommend these guys to anyone who doesn’t want to bother with shuttles, especially if you’re fine to walk a short ways with your luggage. They did also have a golf cart if you needed assistance.

Does anyone know which covered parking has the larger spaces? I drive a large vehicle(excursion) and some of the spaces are very small for this big vehicle to park and have any room to open the doors on my car or for the one next to me. We were looking at parking at the Ez cruise or the Galveston Park and Cruise since they are close by but not sure about the size of the spaces. We are staying at the Hilton and they provide shuttle but we have done the hotel parking and shuttle service in the past and sometimes it goes smooth and sometimes not.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question if any of you may know. We are cruising this weekend but we are being dropped off. Do any of you know where the best place to park is for just the day? My in-laws are going to drop us off and then hang out in Galveston until our sail away. Obviously don't want to use up the spaces for the cruisers.

I assume they would be able to drop us off at the pier, go park, and then find a lot and walk back?

Thanks for you help.

I have a question if any of you may know. We are cruising this weekend but we are being dropped off. Do any of you know where the best place to park is for just the day? My in-laws are going to drop us off and then hang out in Galveston until our sail away. Obviously don't want to use up the spaces for the cruisers.

I assume they would be able to drop us off at the pier, go park, and then find a lot and walk back?

Thanks for you help.

The problem is that this weekend is the Dickens on the Strand Festival. Downtown Galveston will be full of all sorts of booths and such. Some streets will be closed to traffic.

Normally, I would tell you to tell them to just park on a street at one of the parking meters. I think the new fancy-schmancy meters are not working at this time. However, this will not be a normal weekend in downtown Galveston.

http://www.galvestonhistory.org/Dickens_Overview.asp

Kat 110105_emYA10_prv.gif

042202_1319_92_prv.gif'Tis the season to be jolly... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Yeah I heard about that this weekend. Never been to it but heard it was a pretty big thing down there. If anything at least we don't have to worry about the parking. I guess it won't hurt them if they have a walk a bit. We plan on getting to the terminal early so they are going to have 5 or 6 hours to kill anyways. Thanks for the help.

We are big fans of EZCruise and have been using them several times a year ever since they opened. The Port Authority lots were the pits when you used to have to drop off the luggage, park and then shuttle back. So much easier to take you and the luggage all in one trip. We always reserve ahead of time because they do fill up. I made our reservation for January at EZ cruise several months ago. FYI - they have had the same guys working the parking lot for years. They really know what they are doing.

• 2 weeks later...
We are big fans of EZCruise and have been using them several times a year ever since they opened. The Port Authority lots were the pits when you used to have to drop off the luggage, park and then shuttle back. So much easier to take you and the luggage all in one trip. We always reserve ahead of time because they do fill up. I made our reservation for January at EZ cruise several months ago. FYI - they have had the same guys working the parking lot for years. They really know what they are doing.

PLEASE HELP!!

I have been out of galveston port once, and I parked about a half mile away, I think it was EZ cruise parking.

BUT....is there parking in that parking garage right across from the port? with the connection walk way thing.

HELP!!

also feel free to message me on yahoo, joewill8855

When I last cruised out of Galveston earlier this year, the parking structure accross from the port was closed, and the sky walk was boaded up. Last cruise I used Park-N-Cruise and parked one block west of the parking structure you were talking about, could see the car from the deck of the ship, much better than the official parking lot I used one my other cruise out of galveston, it was nearly an hour getting back to the terminal after dropping off lugage, one big maze of slow moving cars to get to an empty space.

Ike

EZcruise is pretty much across from the port. They do have a overflow lot, which used to be used when there were 6 or 7 ships out of Galveston.

Id doubt its even 1/4 mile, much less 1 mile. If you go to their site, they have a little map you can look at and see how close it is to the port.

I arrived very late to Ecstasy the last time. ..all but EZCruise had no live person guarding the parking lots. If you want someone live 24/7, thats EZCruise .. the others just have a fence around them. Galveston is pretty safe usually, so not a big worry, just a consideration.

It only mattered the time my car was there during the Ike Hurricane and Cindy and her sons guarded my car, any other place it would have been towed.

Count us in as people who use EZ-Cruise Park when we cruise. Whether we cruise on Carnival or Royal Caribbean this is the place we will use. Prebooking online saves you $5.00, their staff is friendly and, they have a person who places your luggage on the shuttle and takes it off for you at the termial. And when you return they are there waiting for you and helps you by loading your luggage on their shuttle and taking it off their luggage for you when you get back to their lot. Their lot is secured and is enclosed by a chain linked fence and is locked when there are no ships in port.

If you use them you early because you will want the lot within eye-site of the terminal. Otherwise you will have to park in their over-flow lot which is about a mile away.

We always use EZ Cruise too for the same reasons listed. If you do get the overflow lot it is easier to get out of the parking lot when you return from the cruise.

Archived