Skagway - booking independently?

kris77

The ship I will be traveling on will be docked in Skagway from 7 to 8. I wanted to book the train ride/bus ride/dog sled ride offered by Chilkoot. It is obviously cheaper to book independently than through the cruise ship. My concern is that I have never been on a train that has actually been on time. For example, I took a train ride when I took a cruise through the Panama Canal and it experienced a huge delay. Luckily my mom and I booked through the cruise ship so it didn't leave without us and our fellow passengers. Has anyone experienced this on this particular tour? Any cause for concern? Your feedback would be most appreciated.

Chilkoot Charters is a very reliable tour operator. Lots of very good reviews and satisfied customers who have posted here on the Alaska board, including myself. I would feel totally confident booking with them and have never seen any report of problems with the train running on schedule.

People from the ships were on the same trains as us and we were with Chilkoot.

Jen in SoCal

The ship I will be traveling on will be docked in Skagway from 7 to 8. I wanted to book the train ride/bus ride/dog sled ride offered by Chilkoot. It is obviously cheaper to book independently than through the cruise ship. My concern is that I have never been on a train that has actually been on time. For example, I took a train ride when I took a cruise through the Panama Canal and it experienced a huge delay. Luckily my mom and I booked through the cruise ship so it didn't leave without us and our fellow passengers. Has anyone experienced this on this particular tour? Any cause for concern? Your feedback would be most appreciated.

Archived