Please help me decide on a singles cruise

3dayworkweek

Greetings;

I am looking to go on my first cruise as a single male. I am 43, look 30, in very good shape, tan, get called "very attractive" and "hot" by quite a few ladies, which is very humbling, and want to get on the right cruise for what I am looking for.I have cruised with Carnival with an ex girlfriend, and they seem to be the funnest line. I am looking to meet single ladies 35-50 in age on the cruise. I will go to the mixer dinners and functions no problem. I am very outgoing and have no problem starting a conversation with anyone, anywhere, anytime.

I have no problem meeting woman here on land and seem to attract quite a few. I'm just looking for something different. I love to dance, eat well, party, and just have fun without all the formalities of the dating game dog and pony show. Please offer me your opinion as to which cruise you feel that will offer the most fun to be around single ladies in the 35-50 age range. Any help is appreciated.

You may want to click here http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=21 for the Cruise Critic article titled Fun Facts: Solo Cruising. Note the section titled Singles Cruising. Also, click here http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=419 for another Cruise Critic article titled Best Cruise Lines for Solo Travelers. Both may contain information that will help you.

Also, you may want to go to www.google.com and type in "hosted single cruises". You will find many of the agencies your fellow Cruise Critic members would recommend, give feedback, etc. if they could.

Per the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free membership, the names, web sites, etc. of travel agents/agencies or other cruise-related sites or message boards --- even if "masked" --- are not allowed in Cruise Critic message board posts. Posts asking for the name, site or further information via e-mail, or posts offering same, will be removed as well as any replies to the removed posts.

Discussion or promotion of any non-Cruise Critic member group cruise is not allowed. Hosted single cruises are group cruises.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

If I was going to pick a cruise with a goal of having a much higher chance of meeting women (and you have to remember that with cruises, even the best ones for singles aren't great for that...), I'd probably go with one of the shorter 3-4 night cruises. The shorter cruises tend to get a lot more locals out for a quick cruise weekend than the longer cruises, which are more likely to have couples planning a vacation.

On nearly every shorter cruise I've been on (especially the Carnival 3 night ones I've done out of Miami...), the dance club is packed and people are out to party. Most of them are couples, but there were always singles around too. The two longer cruises I've been on there's a lot less of a party atmosphere -- on the 8 night cruise I did the dance club was really empty most nights. That said, on the longer cruises, you get to spend more time with the people you *do* meet, so it may make up for the more laid back atmosphere.

Have you looked into the Solo studio cabins on NCL Epic. Specially priced for individual cruisers These neon lighted fun ,to be single, cabins have their own lounge area just for the singles. Entry to this section is limited access by key card, and may be just what your looking for. Epic is ending thier US Miami port in the near future, so you might have to cruise soon.

Have fun on what ever ship you choose!!

You sound like a candidate for hosted singles cruises. Even big ships will have just a few singles on them A hosted group will have up to over 200 singles, usually 2-1womem to men. I saw an Epic one listed too.Only 2 companies;just do a search.

Archived