babies/young children on cococay?

subwife81

Coco Cay is a beach day...whatever you'd normally do at a beach, you can do it there! Yes, you can bring your stroller...but you may have a bit of trouble rolling on sand...but it's still a nice "nap" place for a small child.

There is plenty of shade, and sand/water for the kids to play.

Now, you can spend a bunch on "excursions"...waverunners, snorkeling, etc....but there's absolutely no need to do so!

you can come and go as you wish....lunch is served on the island and that is included in your day.

A carrier would be easier. Although we have never used it due to the age of our kids, there is a play area that is fenced in for kids. I am not sure if it is available through the RCCL program or for "walk-ups". We like to parasail, snorkel, relax, and read.

I do have to say I am an adult and my child is 16 but a few weeks ago we were on CocoCay. We walked to the right after getting off the tender to the Fisher Price area. I do have to say we were VERY disappointed. The problem was the trees. Yes they give some nice shade but they drop these small pine cone (about a half inch in size) things that are VERY painful for bare feet. We were just trying to just get our picture with the "Little People" and almost turned back. The Fisher Price car area had no kids as well. If you can push your stroller in light sand I would say go to the right, pass the jet skis and find someplace just after that. The water is so shallow you can walk out at least 50 feet and not go over your knees (this was around 1pm), there are hammocks to relax in too. Most people stop as soon as they see a chair, it's well worth the walk around the bend.

BonVoyage

Dawna

If you head to the left after leaving the tender, you'll see the Adventure Ocean activity area for toddlers and pre-teens. Or go straight past the food stands and there are two shallow kiddie coves with netting across the entrances to keep sharks, sting rays and jellyfish out (but porous enough to let hermit crabs in - look for clusters of green-colored seashells). Or head to the right for the Fisher-Price wheels area. Just make sure you bring flip-flops - not just because of those annoying cones, but also because of the sharp coral and broken seashells mixed in with the beach sand.

Archived