Inside to VF GTY on the Nieuw Amsterdam, how did I do?

esquire20

Hello to all you HAL veterans, I have enjoyed all your posts. Thank you for sharing. I have been on about 30 cruises, but this is my first time with HAL. I was confirmed for the 3-13-11 western caribbean sailing in a Larger Inside cat J cabin,there was a flash promotion that gave a free upgrade to a VF GTY NO EXTRA MONEY. The only down side was that I had to pay the balance in full 2 months before final due date. For all you HAL experts out there, how did I do? I figured any balcony is better than no balcony at all.Thanks again for all your valuable information. Leslie

While I'm not a HAL expert I think ya done good! Going from no view to verandah for nothing is excellent and a stroke of good luck you should enjoy though perhaps not expect every other HAL sailing you'll likely take in the future.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Hello to all you HAL veterans, I have enjoyed all your posts. Thank you for sharing. I have been on about 30 cruises, but this is my first time with HAL. I was confirmed for the 3-13-11 western caribbean sailing in a Larger Inside cat J cabin,there was a flash promotion that gave a free upgrade to a VF GTY NO EXTRA MONEY. The only down side was that I had to pay the balance in full 2 months before final due date. For all you HAL experts out there, how did I do? I figured any balcony is better than no balcony at all.Thanks again for all your valuable information. Leslie

As long as the payment actually went to HAL, then you did great! If the payment went to a TA, then you may be sweating those months wondering if they will indeed pay HAL your $$

Very true.....as many of you know I learned that lesson the hard way!!

I AM paying for all of my future voyages way ahead of final payment time. I am dealing with a reputable agency and I KNOW my payment goes directly to HAL. I am able to save 3% off the cost if I pay ahead......and my next one is due 9 months prior to the trip. Hey 3% makes it worth it to me.......

Karen - can you explain this to me please?

I THINK I can explain it. This may be something that is only available for Grand Voyages....that I don't know for sure. It is even printed in the brochures for Grand Voyages.

HAL had a "pay-by" date......if you pay in full by that date you receive 3% off of the fare. The date is way in advance of when final payment is normally due. These are expensive trips (especially with the single supplement added in) so I choose to save the 3%. Pays for at least a little of the stuff I spend onboard.

I THINK I can explain it. This may be something that is only available for Grand Voyages....that I don't know for sure. It is even printed in the brochures for Grand Voyages.

HAL had a "pay-by" date......if you pay in full by that date you receive 3% off of the fare. The date is way in advance of when final payment is normally due. These are expensive trips (especially with the single supplement added in) so I choose to save the 3%. Pays for at least a little of the stuff I spend onboard.

Thanks... that 3% could add up quick! Good deal.

Archived