Kids Menu

Yes, be reassurred there is, my son 8 ordered chicken nuggets and fries almost every night, then I finally said, you gotta try something new and he did, so there will be something for him to choose from, and for dessert we ordered my kids ice cream, it may not be on the menu, but just ask, cause kids don't like fancy desserts, don't worry :)

There are childrens menus, however when we took our 2 year old granddaughter, the night turkey was offered on the adult menu I asked our waiter if she could have a smaller portion of it, knowing what a turkey lover she is. He did it for her, however I don't think I should have gotten the smaller portion, I ordered the turkey also and she ended up eating 2 pieces of mine as well. :)

The kids menu has just about every typical kids food you can think of. My son is one of the pickiest eaters I've ever met, even now at 19. However, he has never ordered off of the kids menu, except for the chocolate chip cookies. He is always able to find at least one, if not more, regular menu items that he will eat.

But even grownups can order the Brownie Madness from the kids dessert menu...and I know many that do. Yum! (Brownie sundae with ice cream on top.)

Of course, my DS had been ordering off the adult menu in the MDR since he was three. His favorite are the cold fruit soups. Unfortunately that lead to him ordering off the adult menu at home which has gotten very expensive :rolleyes:

RCI has the usual kids fare like hamburger, cheeseburger, nuggets, Mac&Cheese...

Since a couple of years my DD (10yo) prefers to order from the regular menu.

steamboats

The above items and pizza and pasta, too. My kids ordered a mix of the kids' menu and adult menu, depending on whether an adult option appealed to them. Actually, one time my son ordered fish but it tasted "fishier" than he was used to, so the waiter ended up bringing him pasta. I found that my son was more willing to try new foods than he would at home or in a "regular" restaurant because he knew if he ended up not liking it, he could try something different. Of course I'm not recommending ordering multiple entrees they're not going to eat, but I think some kids would be more willing to try new things knowing they have other options "just in case."

Hi , is there a kids menu in the MDR ? have done 2 RCI cruises but never noticed children in the MDR , this time we are thinking of taking our two grandsons ages 5 and 8 and wondered what our options would be with the dining , one is a very fussy eater .

Here you go...

KidsMenuGOS-Crop.jpg

Our server learned that our son liked fruit so they had fresh fruit waiting on him each evening. Be careful, the grapes may have seeds. Ours did.

Also on our kids menu was a grilled cheese sandwich. Our son ate dinner rolls, fruit, grilled cheese sandwich, fries, and ice cream almost every night.

I think I remember they had some plain buttered pasta on the menu also.

Archived