How about How about B1 - Veranda Stateroom 1 - 6001

polecat1

Tilly also makes silk underwear that dries overnight, including boxers.

You just have to be able to find them when you are packing......

Mo

I have not seen the silk underwear but we have several pairs of their other kind

I just noticed there are 2 different stores... Tillys & Tilley

I have a few pieces of Tilley silks...they look good for dressing up for dinner wash/ dry overnight

Pack small

It was Tilley I was referring to.....went to their website. They seem to be using Coolmax now but DH has silk boxers from about three years ago. Great stuff. Or maybe it's just in the stores and not on the web...

Mo

Maybe

We have the cotton type ones they are probably polyester but feel like cotton

Anyway they dry overnight ;)

Lyn

Thank you one and all for the great suggestions on packing light.:) Great ideas about clothes from Chicos and Tilleys....I'll start looking into it.....I am determined to get it all packed into 2 carry-ons, plus 2 backpacks for all the medicines/cameras/netbook etc...

This is our first cruise (14 nights) with Oceania, so having a laundry room, and not needing outfits for formal nights really helps. We are staying in Stockholm for 4 nights pre-cruise so I can do a couple of loads of laundry on embarcation day and after the first week.

We're also going to Paris after the cruise by Eurostar and not carrying multiple suitcases by train will be a delight. No worries about lost luggage, no waiting for checked in luggage....In France, we are staying two weeks with friends, so doing laundry at their house is also no problem.

This is our 9th cruise and we travel often out of the country for a month or more.....I ALWAYS pack way too much, and many times wind up bringing back alot of unworn clothing...

• 2 weeks later...

DW and I were in 6001 for two weeks in the Baltic and LOVED it! Yes there is a bit more noise when you are entering port, as you can really hear and feel the thrusters (likely you do this as well at the stern), and you hear and feel a little from the winches as the lines are played out and snugged. This was our wakeup call to go out and watch us entering port. What a great view we had all the time.

Depending on the weather, you might be a bit more restricted using your veranda at sea, since there is no windbreak from the wind on the bow of the ship, but for us that was outweighed by having a great view going into and out of every port from our own cabin instead of going to a viewing location.

Yes there is more motion in the very front or the very stern, but for us, the motion rocking you to sleep makes the cruise even better. We never had seas big enough to dig in the bow, but even so, we would have enjoyed it if we had. This does depend on any tendency to get seasick, but if that is not an issue, it was a GREAT cabin. And, by the way, if the "motion" is rolling (side-to-side) being amidships makes absolutely no difference.

Since Oceania is so port-intensive, what we got to see going into and out of port all the time was worth its weight in gold. Those two cabins (6000 and 6001) are my favorites.

We have finally reached the point where we don't feel the need to travel with a different pair of shoes for each outfit. I also have discovered Chicos, which makes clothes that dry almost immediately - it is under their Zynergy label. They have long pants, capri length and shorts, which when washed in the sink will be dry by morning.

I'm a little late coming to this thread but I would like to add, to Benita's recommendation, another line of women's clothing that are very light weight for travel. They are the Wearever line of J Jill, and IMHO they are the best because they come in petite sizing, which Chico's does not. They are very similar to the Zynergy line, in that they are similarly priced, dry quickly and are very comfortable as well.

First time I have used this site so may post repeat as not sure how to use

We would be nowhere but in bow Yes - hear anchor going down but get to watch it Get to watch all the action I am a poor sailor Did Barcelona to Rio and rough seas and 6000 was just fine Go for it Happy other people don't like or we'd never get it again

Roq

I agree the Chico's zenery clothes are fabulous for the cruise. I returned from sailing on Regatta about a month ago and washed mine out a few times. I did send a few things to the ship laundry and I felt they were very reasonable with their pricing.

Archived