Meet and Mingle Reservation

jmps

We are on the January 2nd sailing of the Ryndam. We are polling the Roll Call group about attending a Meet and Mingle onboard. We are trying to decide if we have enough interest to ask HAL to set up the meeting or just have an informal meeting. In the sticky on this subject from LauraS, it says:

"2) Once you have determined that there is enough interest, you will need to contact the Holland America On Board Events Coordinator for your ship no later than 5 weeks before your sailing."

What is enough interest? I don't want to ask HAL to take the effort for the event and not have enough attend to warrant the time and effort from the ship's staff.

Our Roll Call has twelve people that have shown interest so far. When I coordinated setting these up in the past we had more numbers and I didn't have to think about this issue. From my experience around 80% that show interest actually attend the event. My rule of thumb says at least 20 should show interest. What do you all think?

Thanks!

First of all don't worry about how many you have..I've set up several Meet & Mingle groups get togethers & no matter how many you have HAL will be glad to welcome you...

My last one I stated there would be 10 to 12 of us & that is what we had...

Poll your group & ask them if they would like to get together..Usually the best time is the first sea day in the Crow's Nest..On our Alaska cruise on the Veendam there actually there were 11 of us & everyone showed up..HAL treated us royally! We all were even invited to the Captain's VIP cocktail party later in the week..

You might be surprised & get more people on your roll call by the time you are ready to set it up..The main thing is to remember, when you set this up with the ships coordinator be sure & ask for a NO HOST Bar, so they will not charge you personally for the group's drinks...

Set up an e-mail for yourself so that they can send their last names hometown's & cabin No's..Don't post the last names or cabin No's on the roll cal..l

BTW every time I've set up a Meet & Greet, I've typed reminders about the date & time & asked the person on board whom I met with, when we boarded, If we could get the reminders put in each cabin's mail slot..You have to ask for that before 5:p.m. on day of Sailing..

Good luck..Betty

We are on the January 2nd sailing of the Ryndam. We are polling the Roll Call group about attending a Meet and Mingle onboard. We are trying to decide if we have enough interest to ask HAL to set up the meeting or just have an informal meeting.

What is enough interest? I don't want to ask HAL to take the effort for the event and not have enough attend to warrant the time and effort from the ship's staff.

When I made the call for our roll-call (my 1st time setting an M+G) the event co-ordinator I spoke to was a VERY helpful peson who told me HAL is happy:) to set up an M+G for Cruise Critic cruisers. We had only 12 at that time.

Now we have about 30!:D:D I did email the updated total and they will be setting up the Crow's Nest for the larger group.

I think the first call could be made with only ten. Less than that may be better as an informal get-together anyway, perhaps at the Lido Bar (JMO).

So, if you have twelve, I'd make the call tomorrow and get the ball rolling. Update the total a couple weeks before you sail and have a GREAT TIME!:D

Archived