Marina

konaaz

We've cruised 11 times & are are excited to try Oceania Marina. This is our first on Oceania with an A Cat. Can you give us advice on reservations, & is a table for 2 available? Ken

konaaz,

Welcome to CC.

Your timing could not have been better (or worse, depending on who you are). You jumped right into a middle of a fire storm of a discussion about dining on Marina (read some of the current threads).

None of us really know Marina as none of us have sailed on her as yet.

It looks like everyone will be given at least 1 reservation at each of the specialty restaurants. I know Polo and Toscana have tables for 2, I would assume the other two new restaurants will as well.

You can make your booking online after your final payment and a specified number of days before the cruise, depending on your cabin category (see the Oceania dining reservation policy online as well as the discussion on this board).

We are all looking forward to the Marina and have the highest expectations. I think you will like her as well.

As Paul said, no one really knows all that much yet about Marina...

Having cruised on the R ships, I can tell you those had tables for two both in the Main Dining Room and in the Specialty restaurants...though the two-tops in the MDR were fairly close together--which bothers some who wish a little more privacy...for those who enjoy a little dinner conversation and are seated at a "two" it seems almost natural to talk to those at the next table--who are almost as close as if they were seated at the same table...Of course, there were some twos that are more private than others and, if available, they could always be requested.

We have no idea yet how the tables on Marina will be arranged...

Of course, with all "open" seating, you can pretty much get what you want...

As far as restaurant reservations go, the current system is new since we last cruised with Oceania...Depending on your Cabin category, you can make your reservations online some time in advance...I believe for Suites, it's 90 days, Penthouses--75, etc. I'd consider your itinerary carefully and see which days might make the most sense for you--what hours you expect to be touring in port, etc. and work around that...For example, for us, we already know we will be touring late in Cadiz/Seville, for example, maybe not getting back to the ship until 9:00 pm...same in Monte Carlo...So, for those ports, we'll leave it open...may even have room service late...We'll make our reservations for those days when we know we'll be back for whatever time we pick...

I believe in your category, you get one reservation in each of the four specialty restaurants...You may want to make them early in the cruise...and then check back later if you really liked a particular restaurant to see if you can get additional times...

Good luck...Which sailing are you on?

Archived