Goff's Caye Crowds

rts62001

Didn't know that Bannister closed again??? But Goff's Caye only has tops 80 people on it, it is a strip of island that is used for the snorkeling trips. Great little beach area for kids,but not swimming, current would be too strong for little ones on one side, and too rocky on the other, unless they just like to sit on the edge and build sandcastles, but when did Bannister close again, that I heard was much more kid friendly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just read in another thread that Bannister Island is open for RCCL ships and NCL ships but closed for CCL. Don't know the reasoning there. Just what I read! I know that CCL does not offer an excursion there!

I am also having a very hard time finding something to do here with the kids, 16, 10, and 6.

im doing a snorkeling trip through ecotours that was supposed to have a stop at bannister island after the snorkeling. they said though bannister is still open, my tour company couldnt get its boat up to it. around the island was dredged, and they need to wait until all the silt settles. so we are going to goff's caye instead. ive seen pictures on the boards and it looks tiny. i'm not thrilled about going to a tiny island with no beach chairs but im only there 2 hours. i can make the best of it.

Archived