How many kids would like onboard?

drewlane

How many kids do you prefer onboard?  

470 members have voted

1. 1. How many kids do you prefer onboard?

• None. I prefer an adults only cruise
    • 10% kids, 90% adults
    • 20% kids, 80% adults
    • 30% kids, 70% adults
    • 40% kids, 60% adults
    • I love kids. The more the merrier!

There were 30 on the cruise I was on 2 weeks ago. 2 of which were mine and I think all the kids had more fun because there wasn't that many of them.

There were no problems with kids during the cruise just a woman that had way to many free drinks while waiting in line on the first formal night and didn't know any other word other then the big F.

There were 30 on the cruise I was on 2 weeks ago. 2 of which were mine and I think all the kids had more fun because there wasn't that many of them. .

Lucky you.

For our cruise I was told by Princess there are going to be 588 passengers under 18. :eek:

Drew

There are times when I don't want to be bothered by rugrats and cruises are one of those times. I try to avoid holiday and summer cruises. I also avoid certain cruiselines. I have to confess that I do have a cruise booked in March with my grandkids. I am happy about being with them but the thought of all the other kids on board is giving me nightmares :D The only thing that will save me is it's a cruise and I can always retreat to my balcony for some peace & quiet. :)

I won't even bother trying to vote, since the number of children on board has no bearing on the degree of problems one might experience. We have had cruised with many families on board and had no problems, we have had many families on board and had problems, but the worst problems we have encountered during a cruise were with a relatively small number of children/teens.

I'm with Rob. I've been on a Christmas or New Years cruise every year for the past several years and a few times, there've been problems with kids but most of the time, there aren't. The one time I would say there was a problem was on RCI Explorer of the Seas where kids took over a bank of elevators and wouldn't let people on, roamed the hallways in large groups and would almost knock you over if you didn't step aside for them, etc. If I really want an essentially kid-free cruise, I take an "exotic" cruise. Otherwise, I expect kids to be onboard.

I've only taken the exotics and I have to agree that the number of kids is minimal.

We also never have trouble finding a chair at the pool...maybe it's because the cruises tend to be longer in duration and more expensive (especially with the airfare to/from some of the ports).

The only problems we've had with kids on the exotics is that sometimes the families with kids don't read English and we find kids in the adults only pool.

As long as they're not disruptive I just let it go.

Also...we have seen some younger couples with very young toddlers on the exotics..it amazed me to see one in a back-pack type carrier climbing to the top of the highest point in Tazmania. That was a scary climb even for those of us without children on our backs...I couldn't imagine taking a toddler on some of those shore excursions!

YIKES!

How do you find out how many kids are booked on a certaoin date? Can you just call Princess direct and they will tell you?

Yes. Call them when the ship is very close to being sold out and they will tell you.

thanks livtojump...just called only 83 kids on the 3/5 Diamond sailing...not too bad...and two of them are mine...

i also agree about making late seating adults only...how many kids can wait to eat until that late? they've gotta be really cranky by then, especially after a day full of activity....

I don't pay any attention to kids unless they are disruptive. As long as they are well behaved and in the kids/teen program I don't care how many are onboard. But I think Princess would be better off if they concentrated their efforts on adults and left the family cruising to Disney.

Me too, Nita! How RU? Regards..........Renee

Hi Renee! I'm good, we're going cruising next month! How are you and Lyman??? I know you have your B2B this summer, but didn't check your signature to see what may be before that?

Debbie (choc. lady!) and I are cruising Alaska in June! We're spending some time in Seattle and Victoria, as she hasn't been. Looking forward to the Diamond! :)

This thread got me worried about my April 9th cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I just had to call. I really lucked out.

54 teenagers Age 13-18

78 children

132 Total

That's less than 5%

Of course the ship is not sold out yet, but only 43 days away

I have to say that, even though we do cruise with our children, I found the fact that Princess limited the number of children to be a major selling point for us. I'm disappointed that the policy has changed :(. It should be interesting when we sail over Easter next year!

Archived