recommendation

manoftheworld

i am going for a cruise on Norwegian jade on 12th DEC 2010 for 12 days round trip. my question is what places do you recommend for shore excursions. i intend to do shore excursions in Athens, Ephesus, turkey and Alexandria Egypt. which travel agent would you recommend in Athens. i am traveling with my wife and my little baby girl

thanks

terry

Paul of Greek taxi is another highly recommended. We used him for a great private tour for 14 in Athens.

In Turkey we used EKOL also had a good experience.

Happy planning

i am going for a cruise on Norwegian jade on 12th DEC 2010 for 12 days round trip. my question is what places do you recommend for shore excursions. i intend to do shore excursions in Athens, Ephesus, turkey and Alexandria Egypt. which travel agent would you recommend in Athens. i am traveling with my wife and my little baby girl

thanks

terry

Paul of Greek taxi is another highly recommended. We used him for a great private tour for 14 in Athens.

In Turkey we used EKOL also had a good experience.

Happy planning

did you have any tour operators in turkey because i am going to azmir on that cruise ??

thanks terry

Hi, Terry! I really like your first name. For Athens and Ephesus, below are some visual samples for what I would suggest you consider. Much depends on how much you like history, architecture, dining, shopping, etc. With a little baby girl that adds to your travel challenges/questions. In Athens, the two top attractions are the Plaka and Acropolis. Both are right next to each other. Athens is a large city of four million people, but most of those "other" areas should be skipped. Tell us more about the personal interests for you and your wife. What do you love to see and do? What do you seek to skip and avoid?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 23,600 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Outdoor dining in the Plaka. Lots of music and fun, shopping, music, plus good food:

PlakaDining.jpg

Some of the interesting architectural details on the upper levels of the Parthenon:

Acrop.jpg

Enjoying a bright, sunny day in front of the famed Parthenon:

ParthenonPosing.jpg

At Ephesus, here is the famed outdoor theater that hosted Saint Paul preaching, plus rock stars, etc. At this site in the 1st century AD, the Apostle Paul spent over three years in Ephesus preaching the Gospel. This included a sermon condemning pagan worship in this theater:

Amphitheatre.jpg

Looking downhill towards the library and other ruins from when Ephesus was Rome's capital of Asia Minor:

EphRuinsLongShot.jpg

Near Ephesus, here is what the final home of Mary looks like from our visit there:

MaryHomeTurkey.jpg

thanks

terry

Hi Terry,

You should join our roll call for this cruise in the NCL roll call section. There are quite a few members already arranging tours who are looking for others to join their groups. Also there is a great priced excursion already arranged for Egypt that you might also want to check out there. We are on that cruise with you and we will leave in 30 days so getting quite excited.

We did a Mediterranean Cruise in Aug of this year aboard the Ruby Princess. In Athens we used athenstaxi - corresponded directly with Paul the owner - very quick to respond - we had a great tour - Constantine was our driver for the day and was very proud and eager to show us his city! We had a great day! In Turkey we used ephesusshuttle - we did Ephesus and Istanbul - both guides we had were fabulous, very knowledgeable and pleasant to listen to!

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi Terry,

You should join our roll call for this cruise in the NCL roll call section. There are quite a few members already arranging tours who are looking for others to join their groups. Also there is a great priced excursion already arranged for Egypt that you might also want to check out there. We are on that cruise with you and we will leave in 30 days so getting quite excited.

i just wanna thank you for your concern but i want it to be private tour for me and my wife. any way I'll go and check and say which tour operator is the best recommended in Athens and Egypt

When we booked the private tour with Nikos, we had to send him our credit card information to secure booking. When our ship rescheduled our stop at Athens due to the strike, Nikos emailed me and told me about the cancellation and that nothing will be charged. I then asked him to reschedule for the new date and we paid after our tour. We had 12 in our group and they came with a big, new bus. We were very surprised.

We just returned and also used Paul. Highly recommended. His contact information is paul_kalomiris@hotmail.com.

Here is the full post from my travel blog if you want some details:

http://www.travelsnippetsandmore.com/2010/11/recommended-local-driver-for-athens.html

For Ephesus, our travel agent, which was part of our group of 14, used Vanguard for a custom day tour. It was fabulous

http://www.vanguard-ts.com/

We just returned and also used Paul. Highly recommended. His contact information is paul_kalomiris@hotmail.com.

Here is the full post from my travel blog if you want some details:

http://www.travelsnippetsandmore.com/2010/11/recommended-local-driver-for-athens.html

For Ephesus, our travel agent, which was part of our group of 14, used Vanguard for a custom day tour. It was fabulous

http://www.vanguard-ts.com/

many thanks, i will e.mail him

Archived