Concierge Lounge and drinks packages

JohnKen3

Have a reservation in a Grand Suite so we have access to the Concierge Lounge (our room is right next to it).

I expect we would like Coke while we lounge around the ship/pool during the day and definitely want a bottle of water by the bed at night.

What are people's experiences

1. Is there is soda fountain in the Lounge (or bottles of soda)?

2. Is it likely to be a pain to hike up to the lounge everytime we fancy a soda?

3. Do people fill up bottles and take drinks out of the lounge?

I am not trying to save money here. Just do not want to buy a beverage package only to find we do not make use of it.

Also what kind of canapes or hor d'œuvres are served in the evenings in the Lounge? Is there is rush for these when they come out and do they re-stock if they run out?

Was originally looking to book one of the Romance Packages that canapés and petit fours every evening (we had them before on a Princess Cruise). However, if there is an food offering in the Lounge, then I think this would be over the top with all the other food served on board.

Have a reservation in a Grand Suite so we have access to the Concierge Lounge (our room is right next to it).

I expect we would like Coke while we lounge around the ship/pool during the day and definitely want a bottle of water by the bed at night.

What are people's experiences

1. Is there is soda fountain in the Lounge (or bottles of soda)?

2. Is it likely to be a pain to hike up to the lounge everytime we fancy a soda?

3. Do people fill up bottles and take drinks out of the lounge?

I am not trying to save money here. Just do not want to buy a beverage package only to find we do not make use of it.

Also what kind of canapes or hor d'œuvres are served in the evenings in the Lounge? Is there is rush for these when they come out and do they re-stock if they run out?

Was originally looking to book one of the Romance Packages that canapés and petit fours every evening (we had them before on a Princess Cruise). However, if there is an food offering in the Lounge, then I think this would be over the top with all the other food served on board.

Canned soda is only available from 5-8:30 in the evening. You could ask the Concierge if you could take a can or two back to your cabin for the next day. You might try to ask for soda in the mornings when continental breakfast is available and the Concierge will be at his/her desk.

Drinks are not allowed out of the lounge area.

Many different types of hot and cold appetizers are offered. It depends on the ship as to what is being served.

The only thing available to drink 24/7 in the CL is the Specialty Coffee Machine and hot water for tea/hot chocolate.

Soda is only available during the 5-8 cocktail hour - and, as noted, you are not permitted to remove drinks from the lounge.

If I remember correctly, there were plates of cheese and crackers and raw veggies with dip. They had little meatballs, eggrolls, chicken wings, as well as some cold canapes. There were also cookies and chocolate covered strawberries. We never saw the lounge very crowded (we have late dinner seating), so there were plenty of snacks to go around.

So, if you want cokes during the day or bottled water at night, you will need to purchase it (although the suites do come with a free bottle of Evian - not sure if it is replaced as we didn't even drink the one we got - ship's water is just fine).

You will also find sodas and water in the fridge in your stateroom. The sodas are about $2.25 each; I'm not sure about the price on the water, maybe $2.95 plus 15% gratuity for a small-ish bottle of Evian. The ship's water is perfectly potable, so you might want to refill a bottle to keep by your nightstand.:)

The evening offerings in the CL include hot (chicken wings, hot dogs, shrimp, egg rolls, etc.) and cold (veggies, fruit, cheese, shrimp, egg w/a dollop of caviar, etc.) I don't know if there are sweet items like petit fours available. The only advantage of ordering the package would be the ability to enjoy the offerings in your suite without carrying them back from the lounge (I've never seen a Concierge stop somebody from bringing food out, just drinks). They do re-stock when supplies get low.

Archived