a very odd specific request

jaxkai

my son has this dream of himself in the bahamas, he wants a pina colada in a hammock at 5pm. i cant talk him out of it and the only day that fits our schedule is in nassau. i know i can get the drink i know i can do it at 5 but i have NOOOOOOOOOOO idea where there is a hammock.

he seldom asks for anything i really want to make this simple wish come true, please help if you can.

Lol, I've had that same dream myself! Try the Blue Lagoon excursion...Im looking forward to swaying in my hammock under a big palm tree, sipping on a tall cold drink with a lil umbrella in it!!

my son has this dream of himself in the bahamas, he wants a pina colada in a hammock at 5pm. i cant talk him out of it and the only day that fits our schedule is in nassau. i know i can get the drink i know i can do it at 5 but i have NOOOOOOOOOOO idea where there is a hammock.

he seldom asks for anything i really want to make this simple wish come true, please help if you can.

Easy Peasy. The British Colonial Hilton has hammocks on the lawn overlooking the water.

Of course, you'd have to pay for a day pass, which is $50 advance/55 pp at the door - which includes a $30 lunch voucher.

Since the outside bar starts closing at 4:30 or so.. you may need to get a drink from the inside bar at Buillions.

Don't know of any other less expensive options.

Blue lagoon has hammocks, but the last boat from the island is 4:00.

scubagirrl, thank you and everyone else, i went thru and read every post scubagirrl had made before asking figuring it would be hidden in there we are going to blue lagoon so he is just going to have to settle for in a hammock before 5 or on freeport at lucaya or somewhere lolol before 5.

btw, scubagirrl i checked out the capt and the ninja from nassau i almost cancelled blue lagoon cuz he just sounds wonderful and awesome for newbies :)

LOL...You could really have fun with this! As others have suggested...

Get him to Blue Lagoon....Pina Colada in hand...and hold up this.......(it's straight off the wall @ Margaritaville in Grand Cayman)

2928630690044007101S425x425Q85.jpg

Or... be creative and bring a big cardboard clock cut-out set to 5:00. The picture op would be priceless!

Either way, Good Luck with living out the dream!

You may hit another little snag.. in that it will be nearing darkness at 5pm on your arrival date. It gets dark early. Sunset is at 5:30.

What other things are you planning. The Hilton is the only place nearby with hammocks.. but you'll need a day pass as I mentioned earlier.

Did I misread that the OP says they will already be on the ship by 5? If so, OP do you have a balcony? you can bring a cheap hammock with you and hang it with some heavy duty carabiner clips or bring one and rig it somehow up on deck with those carabiner clips for a quick photo op for 'the boys'.

When we were on the Freedom there was an adult deck area called Serenity. It came complete with many things...hammocks included!! I see you will be on the Sensation. They have a Serenity deck area as well!

This might be easier than you think! LOL!

You do know that we will need to see that photo when all's said and done!

lol grandaughter came for the weekend so no time to cruise critic im still wishing i had decided to take her on the cruise but the next one, first time with just the kids.

those hammocks look lovely and i cant wait to get one one, he will be 18 so he cant drink but it could be a virgin one.

i forgot about it getting dark so early, btw, i hate time changes lolol, when we are in nassau we really wanted to do blue lagoon. the day before we are going to be in freeport but it departs at 5 so we will be on board.

i could pack a hammock, great idea :)

leave it to him for picking something that sounds easy and turns out to be difficult. i would hate to pay 50 bucks a piece to go to the hotel that has the hammocks but for him i would do it,this is a once in a lifetime everything for us.

i really want to thanks everyone for helping me with this ,btw, my daughter is printing the sign that its 5 o'clock

Archived