Shopping in coz

Limeia

I've read that pure vanilla is a must to buy when in Cozumel. I'm looking for Christmas gift ideas to bring back. What are some of the "must have's"? Nothing too expensive, but also not junk trinkets. Do they have good prices on leather purses?

Would you buy your tequila in Coz. or at the duty free store at port?

Sorry so many questions :D Thanks.

One man's junk is another man's treasure...

That being said, I always bring back Cozumel t-shirts as gifts. I use to bring back alcohol, but I just don't think it's worth the savings lugging all that stuff in my luggage and worrying about breaking it etc.. etc..

My wife does usually buy some silver at the square, not sure about purses though...

You can spend a lot of time shopping in Cozumel, I'm sure you will find something. I find that if you see something you want, be sure and keep looking at other places because the same thing may be in another shop cheaper.

Also, if there are several things you want, try to buy them all at one place and see if they will give you a discount for spending so much money. No one likes haggeling over $5, but $100 is another story...

I've read that pure vanilla is a must to buy when in Cozumel. I'm looking for Christmas gift ideas to bring back. What are some of the "must have's"? Nothing too expensive, but also not junk trinkets. Do they have good prices on leather purses?

Would you buy your tequila in Coz. or at the duty free store at port?

Sorry so many questions :D Thanks.

Sterling Silver! Just make sure that the piece is marked.925. The cheap stuff is silver plate and will not hold up. Just beware - silver prices will be higher. Silver used to be $4.00 to $5.00 an ounce, but I just saw on the news last night that it was up to $28.00 an ounce. Be prepared to negotiate. Also, you get a better price a couple of blocks back from the Malecon. The rents along the waterfront are very, very high and they have to recoup it with higher prices.

>You can spend a lot of time shopping in Cozumel, I'm sure you will find something. I find that if you see something you want, be sure and keep looking at other places because the same thing may be in another shop cheaper.<

Thanks for the responses. My problem is...I keep looking for a better buy and end up not finding the original store that had the best price! LOL

Darn - silver prices up, just my luck!

I also second the T-shirts. There are some places in town you can find them as low as 5 for $20. Then you can use the T-shirts you buy your friends as "packaging material" to wrap your souvenirs in! :D (i.e. your vanilla and tequila.)

It's not the best time of the year to take pareos back to the states with winter on it's way....but that is also something that is easy to pack and in abundance in Cozumel. Plus nobody can have too many simsuit cover-ups (which could double as table cloths in the winter)!:)

Archived