Friend of Bill W. Regatta 4/26/11

luvalksmf

This is our 1st cruise. Many many people have said Oceania is the way to cruise. Being a planner, would this board be the best way to hook up with some friends of Bill W. who might be on the cruise? Thanks. Really looking foreward to this new experience.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

To meet others that are on the same cruise as you, go to "Roll Call, members only". It's a great way to give/ receive advice, ask questions and share information with regards to excursions. This will be a good place to start with regards to meeting others who may be friends of Bill W.

To join, go to the boards menu and scroll down to Roll Calls. Click on your cruise line. Then click on your ship; click on the thread for your sailing.

I hope you enjoy your Oceania cruise as much as I enjoyed mine!

My recollections are that there are regular meetings of Friends of Bill W. Usually around 5 or 6pm, I think.

OTOH, that may be old news. I don't remember noticing announcements of meetings like that recently. But I wasn't looking for them either!

Mura

I got this definition from a Google search:

"Friend of Bill W

A member of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), and therefore (usually) a recovering alcoholic. Derived from the name of Bill Wilson (Bill W.), one of the founding members of AA.."

Don

Bill W. was one of the co-founders of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Thanks for the info...having never been to an AA meeting or reading about their history, I wouldn't have known that. But now I know! I feel like I'm part of some insiders secret.

This is our 1st cruise. Many many people have said Oceania is the way to cruise. Being a planner, would this board be the best way to hook up with some friends of Bill W. who might be on the cruise? Thanks. Really looking foreward to this new experience.

The meetings are posted in the daily newsletter but it is hit or miss. On the larger ships there are more people so you might get a better response to the meetings. I have been to meetings with two people and on the larger ships 8 to 10. I hope you find some other friends of Bill W on your cruise, it's always nice to have a back-up if needed.

Marion

Archived