Creole Cruises Antigua

TheSailinSOB

Hello Antigua Experts. I have never been to Antigua and I am torn between Eli's Eco Tour which I have heard great things about or Creole Cruises. Our cruise companions are taking Eli's but I found Creole looks like alot of fun too.

Out of the 2 what would you do? ANyone have any experience with Creole?

Thanks for any info :D

• 2 weeks later...

We did creole cruise.. and it is amazing!! it was so much fun, plus its not a big group and it feels more private.. The food was almost the best part! they grill the lobster right on the beach.. and it was the best i ever had! They take you to three different snorkeling spots and the star fish stop was really cool.. I would highly recommend them!

Hello Antigua Experts. I have never been to Antigua and I am torn between Eli's Eco Tour which I have heard great things about or Creole Cruises. Our cruise companions are taking Eli's but I found Creole looks like alot of fun too.

Out of the 2 what would you do? ANyone have any experience with Creole?

Thanks for any info :D

We've toured with Creole twice. It's a wonderful excursion. Details, photos, and video are in my review of the Serenade of the Seas (link is below).

Faith413, I was looking into creole cruises and your cruise review and photos are great. Everything was so informative, where do you find the time to do it, amazing! Thanks for helping to make our decision.

Thank you so much, I'm glad everything was helpful! What ship are you sailing when you visit Antigua?

It took a couple days to write the review. It was nice because I had a change to relive the whole experience all over again :D. Please tell Glenn that Chrystal and Wesley say hello! Happy sailing!

We just got back from a southern Caribbean cruise (NCL Dawn). We did Creole Cruises in Antigua and it was fantastic! Glenn and Mario were wonderful and they really take care of their guests. I think we had about 16 people on our boat...it was not crowded.

The lobster lunch was fantastic! My kids (ages 9 and 5) loved the starfish!

They pick you up right at the pier.

Then, it's about a 20 minute drive to the island.

We dropped off Mario and he began grilling the lobsters, we took the boat to the other side of the island to snorkle.

About an hour later, we came back to the island and Mario had a WONDERFUL lunch waiting (grilled lobster, pasta salad, garlic bread, other salads, coconut macroons...all homemade). The kids swam and explored the island....a great hike up to the top of the hill provides a beautiful view.

Then, we took the boat over to the starfish area. We snorkled there for 40 minutes or so.

The entire trip was so relaxing. Glenn gives you a history of Antigua and stops the boat along the way to explain history/wildlife/etc. He really loves Antigua. You can't go wrong with Creole!

These guys really care that you are having a good time. They provide a high level of service......we have done some amazing excursions,and this one is at the top. You will not be disappointed!

Let me know if you have any questions!

linda

We just got back from a southern Caribbean cruise (NCL Dawn). We did Creole Cruises in Antigua and it was fantastic! Glenn and Mario were wonderful and they really take care of their guests. I think we had about 16 people on our boat...it was not crowded.

The lobster lunch was fantastic! My kids (ages 9 and 5) loved the starfish!

They pick you up right at the pier.

Then, it's about a 20 minute drive to the island.

We dropped off Mario and he began grilling the lobsters, we took the boat to the other side of the island to snorkle.

About an hour later, we came back to the island and Mario had a WONDERFUL lunch waiting (grilled lobster, pasta salad, garlic bread, other salads, coconut macroons...all homemade). The kids swam and explored the island....a great hike up to the top of the hill provides a beautiful view.

Then, we took the boat over to the starfish area. We snorkled there for 40 minutes or so.

The entire trip was so relaxing. Glenn gives you a history of Antigua and stops the boat along the way to explain history/wildlife/etc. He really loves Antigua. You can't go wrong with Creole!

These guys really care that you are having a good time. They provide a high level of service......we have done some amazing excursions,and this one is at the top. You will not be disappointed!

Let me know if you have any questions!

linda

Hi Linda - Could you tell me if most people tipped the crew? We are going on this tour in March and want to bring enough money....Thanks in advance.

Hi Linda - Could you tell me if most people tipped the crew? We are going on this tour in March and want to bring enough money....Thanks in advance.

Tipping is completely up to you. We've gone with them twice, and normally tip 15-20% of the total cost.

There is no pressure to tip. After the cruise, they drop you off at the dock and then you pay. You will have such a fantastic time, that you will want to tip these guys. I think we tipped about $10 pp. I paid and gave all the tip money with my payment.

Have fun! I can't wait to go back!

There is no pressure to tip. After the cruise, they drop you off at the dock and then you pay. You will have such a fantastic time, that you will want to tip these guys. I think we tipped about $10 pp. I paid and gave all the tip money with my payment.

Have fun! I can't wait to go back!

Thanks hayloburger - We can't wait to go!

We did this tour and loved it. I will book with Creole Cruises anytime we are in Antigua. We NEVER had experienced such a wonderful, tour without being rushed ... Glenn and Mario gave us the best day ever. We definately tipped them. Whenever we go on tour, if through the ship, or privately I always anticipate a tip, I set money aside for the tip. The guides work so hard to make our day special, it feels wonderful to reward them for their work and knowledge. I make an envelope for the tour price, and then I tip them seperately, placing the tip into the hands of the person it is intended for. We have found this system works best for us.

Hope this helps. Have a great time in Antigua!

We did this tour and loved it. I will book with Creole Cruises anytime we are in Antigua. We NEVER had experienced such a wonderful, tour without being rushed ... Glenn and Mario gave us the best day ever. We definately tipped them. Whenever we go on tour, if through the ship, or privately I always anticipate a tip, I set money aside for the tip. The guides work so hard to make our day special, it feels wonderful to reward them for their work and knowledge. I make an envelope for the tour price, and then I tip them seperately, placing the tip into the hands of the person it is intended for. We have found this system works best for us.

Hope this helps. Have a great time in Antigua!

Thanks Earle - We can't wait to do this tour as the reviews have been really awesome!!

• 3 weeks later...
Everyone here has provided such wonderful information. I have a few questions. One, we sail in March, do you think it's too late to book and two, what is the cost for two adults?

Thanks!

Cost is $130/pp less a small discount they offer for paying cash. You won't know if they are booked unless you contact them.

• 3 weeks later...

Food was good. Wasnt the best in the world, but good for a light lunch. Dont expect to drink alot. If you are an older person I would think again about taking this trip. Hard to get in and out of the boat. I had to crawl on my hands and knees to get out, it was very slippery. Someone in our party fell and broke her arm trying to get off of the boat. She was older. They did say if we returned to Antigua, they would give us a free trip.

• 3 weeks later...

We took this tour 2 years ago....I agree...getting in and out of the boat was difficult. I was under the impression they have a new boat....anyone know? We are planning to book this tour again for a March cruise, and we aren't "spring chickens":rolleyes:...don't want to fall getting back in the boat.

Archived