testing - ignore

Scrappygrrl

Here is how you post a picture from Picasa. I have this as a Word file on my desktop so that I can refer to it when I want to post a picture. I don't do it enough to remember. :rolleyes:

Posting pictures from Picasa to CruiseCritic

Go to your Picasa Web Album and click on the picture that you want to post on CC. Click on “Link to this photo.” In the right column, select the size that you want to post and select "Image only". Click on the HTML in the bottom box to select it. Then click CTRL-C to copy to the clipboard.

In the reply box in CC click the Insert image icon.* A small box will open for you to insert the HTML code that you just copied. Click CTRL-V to paste the HTML into the box. The picture should appear in the reply box. Click Preview Post to see if it is OK. Then click Submit reply.

*Please note that depending on your security setting, you might receive a warning message. If you do then “allow” access and click the Insert image icon again.

OP: I want to be like you!

If I have photos uploaded to Photobucket how on earth do I get them in a CC post? I have been going at this for hours now! Copying, pasting, clicking and nothing but blank posts????

Grrrrrrrr....I hate being a computer idiot.

If I have photos uploaded to Photobucket how on earth do I get them in a CC post? I have been going at this for hours now! Copying, pasting, clicking and nothing but blank posts????

I'll do my best. Click on your album in photobucket, and then click on the picture. On the left there will be a box that is title "Share your image". Click on the IMG code. Just click one it will give you a yellow pop-up that says "Copied". Go to your post on CC and paste it. That's it!

First, you want to size the picture at the Photobucket site.

Then, all you need to do is put your mouse over the picture, right click and copy. Then come here to your post, and hit paste.

40thBday004-1.jpg

Thanks, that is what I am doing but they don't transfer big like everyone elses. Maybe it's my computer/camera? Something is better than nothing.

Gina

Have you tried to "RESIZE" one of your pix on the Photobucket site?

I'm also testing, so please ignore. I recall seeing a specific thread on CC (a long time ago) that you could use to "test" messages or photos. I can't seem to find it. Anyway.....here goes. I have a feeling it's going to be a thumbnail and I want it to be a big photo.

OasisOfTheSeas.jpg.3197bb0e05d9996147b63b306aa11918.jpg

Yep, I was right. It attached as a thumbnail. I downloaded this pic from my camera and saved it on my desktop as a jpg file (in Paint) and then attached it to my message. Is there a way I can post this to CC as a full blown picture? Anyone know? It's just so small.

Yep, I was right. It attached as a thumbnail. I downloaded this pic from my camera and saved it on my desktop as a jpg file (in Paint) and then attached it to my message. Is there a way I can post this to CC as a full blown picture? Anyone know? It's just so small.

How big is the file that you attached? To determine that, right click on the file on your desktop and click properties. This will give you the file size. If the file size is small (less than 50 or 100 MB) then the picture will be small when it displays in CC. The larger the file size, the larger the picture will display. I'm not sure whether there is a max size that CC allows for attachments.

I put pictures online (Picasa or Webshots) and put the pictures on CC. How you do that depends on what photo website you use.

How big is the file that you attached? To determine that, right click on the file on your desktop and click properties. This will give you the file size. If the file size is small (less than 50 or 100 MB) then the picture will be small when it displays in CC. The larger the file size, the larger the picture will display. I'm not sure whether there is a max size that CC allows for attachments.

I put pictures online (Picasa or Webshots) and put the pictures on CC. How you do that depends on what photo website you use.

It's 352 KB's. I believe there is a max size that CC allows. It mentioned that as I was adding the attachment. I know that other people put their photos in different photo websites, which I have never done before. I should do that, but not sure which one is the best to use. You mentioned a couple and then there's Photo Bucket as well as some others. Is there a good free website that you would recommend? Have never heard of Picasa before. Thanks for responding! I really appreciate it.

It's 352 KB's. I believe there is a max size that CC allows. It mentioned that as I was adding the attachment. I know that other people put their photos in different photo websites, which I have never done before. I should do that, but not sure which one is the best to use. You mentioned a couple and then there's Photo Bucket as well as some others. Is there a good free website that you would recommend? Have never heard of Picasa before. Thanks for responding! I really appreciate it.

Picasa is a free image organizer and editor from Google. You can download it from the Google website (http://picasa.Google.com/). The program is free and it is quite good. I teach the program and my students find it easy to use. If you don't have an image editor, I highly recommend Picasa. You can download up to 2 GB of pictures to the website for free by uploading your pictures (albums) to the Picasa web album site. It is easy to do. Putting pictures on CC from Picasa can be a little tricky until you figure out how to do it. If you decide to try Picasa I will be glad to give you the instructions for putting your pictures on CC. Webshots is also free for up to 2 GB of pictures. It is the first site that I used but I think others are better mainly because their slideshows are so much better than what you get with Webshots. You can check the appearance of the 2 websites by gong to my pictures at the links below.

Judy, Thank you for your offer. You are so kind! I glanced at your photos on Picasa. I see that we've been to alot of the same places and that you also like to take photos of flowers like I do! I'm always on a search for a new flower photo op when I cruise.

I will sign up for Picasa, but it may take me a few days. It's late and I've got to get to bed and will be busy for the next few evenings and I work during the day. I'll report back to this thread once I sign up and attempt to post a picture. Hopefully you can check back later in the week?

Thanks again for your offer to help!!

Judy, Thank you for your offer. You are so kind! I glanced at your photos on Picasa. I see that we've been to alot of the same places and that you also like to take photos of flowers like I do! I'm always on a search for a new flower photo op when I cruise.

I will sign up for Picasa, but it may take me a few days. It's late and I've got to get to bed and will be busy for the next few evenings and I work during the day. I'll report back to this thread once I sign up and attempt to post a picture. Hopefully you can check back later in the week?

Thanks again for your offer to help!!

I'm off on a cruise Friday but I will check before I go and when I return. Here are the instructions for posting a picture from a Picasa webalbum. I keep the directions in a Word file on my desktop because I tend to forget how to do it. :o:confused::eek:

Posting pictures from Picasa to CruiseCritic

Go to your Picasa Web Album and click on the picture that you want to post on CC. Click on “Link to this photo.” In the right column, select the size that you want to post and select "Image only". Click on the HTML in the bottom box to select it. Then click CTRL-C to copy to the clipboard.

In the reply box in CC click the Insert image icon.* A small box will open for you to insert the HTML code that you just copied. Click CTRL-V to paste the HTML into the box. The picture should appear in the reply box. Click Preview Post to see if it is OK. Then click Submit reply.

*Please note that depending on your security setting, you might receive a warning message. If you do then “allow” access and click the Insert image icon again.

2639809680105756866rIUjDY_th.jpg

Okay, I got the picture here, now why won't it let me paste it as my avatar? It says invalid file.

You are limited as to the size of the file for an avatar. I'm not sure how big the file can be but it is pretty small. Your avatar can also be downloaded from your computer so you don't have to put it up on Webshots first. Whether CC automatically downsizes the file or not, I don't know.

Archived