Best rates for a summer 2011 cruise to Alaska

thesawch

Which cruise line typically has the cheapest rates to cruise to Alaska in August. My Kids have graduated and I always promised them when they finished high school we would do a Alaskan cruise .Well now it is time to payup.We have cruised to the Carribbean a few times so we just need to do the budget cruise to Alaska if there is a such a thing.Thanks in advance for the info.

Alaska and budget aren't really 2 words you can use together. That being said - you can do a search on this site or many others to get an idea of what a good price would be for August. Depending upon the type of cabin and itinerary you are looking the prices all vary.

Just go to a few cruise discounter web sites, type in Alaska and August and see what comes up.

Have you determined what route you are looking at?? At the very least, you need to have selected if you are going round trip or one way, before you start looking at ships.

Budget can mean many things to many people.

IMHO you can save lots of pennies doing inside cabins, avoiding many on ship things.

One thing you don't want to skimp would be port activities. The scenic cruising can be wonderful but it is also activities in the ports that make the vacation a memorable one.

Also sometimes cheap does equal less desirable scenic cruising. What looks like a more inexpensive roundtrip cruise from Seattle is so because it does Tracy Arm instead of Glacier bay for example. The ports will be the same but the most important aspect is not and thus cheaper.

Search and plan carefully!

Good luck!

Which cruise line typically has the cheapest rates to cruise to Alaska in August. My Kids have graduated and I always promised them when they finished high school we would do a Alaskan cruise .Well now it is time to payup.We have cruised to the Carribbean a few times so we just need to do the budget cruise to Alaska if there is a such a thing.Thanks in advance for the info.

August generally has the most expensive prices.

As mentioned a cheaper cruise often does not go to the most popular glaciers.

Many do like to take advantage of the Holland 3rd and 4th passenger free when they offer that sale.

Seattle round trips are often cheaper, but usuallly have a less scenic route and can have rougher sailing.

Online discounters will give often you a cheaper price. However, lately, it seems like their websites post the exact same prices as some of the cruiselines. Contact them directly for a price and you may come up with a better deal than their website shows.

I agree that you really need to save money for some great excursions in port. I know some people just walk around the towns, but I would wait to save enough money to be able to take advantage of the tours in the ports. Then you will really see what Alaska is all about.

Archived