Legend/Tampa vs. Outback Bowl

KellyJ

DH and I are considering the 9 day out of Tampa for December 23, 2011 on the Legend. However, we get back on Jan. 1, 2010 Sunday. I expect that the Outback Bowl will be on Saturday 12/31/11.

My concern is that most of the football fans will be leaving Tampa on Sunday 1/1/12, so the airport will probably be a madhouse as well as getting taxi to TPA with traffic.

Has anyone been in Tampa during that time period or arrived/departed for a cruise? Can you tell me how bad it was?

With Bowl game that weekend I can help myself with self-assist debark and later flight out, is that do-able or should I book a post cruise hotel and plan to fly out Monday 1/2/12? Want to book post cruise night as quickly as possible since hotel rooms may be hard to come by too?

The Outback Bowl is on Jan. 1st 2011, and this year they moved the starting time to 1pm. I'm thinking if you go through downtown Tampa and take Westshore to the airport, you should miss most of the traffic going to the Outback Bowl. I've been to the game the last 3 years, coming from the Orlando area and truthfully, I've never found the traffic bad at all. Of course, we get there super early to tailgate. I hope you enjoy the Legend it's my parent's favorite ship.

Sorry about the date confusion. Not used to typing 2012 yet. I was trying to find out for next year. I imagine that after this years outback bowl the schedule will be out. Monday for the Bowl in 2012 will be better. Will be leaving when others are getting there.

Archived