Hotels in Manaus

BosoxI

Surely, someone has holed up in a hotel in Manaus, Brazil. Could that person please give me any advice, especially concerning cleanliness and proximity to the airport.
Sorry, no. I've always taken the cruiseline air, which put me up in a hotel in FLL and then a flight to Manaus, and directly to the ship which remained docked for a couple of days so we used it as the "hotel." I've done this twice. It's about an hour's drive from the airport to the city, which is huge, very crowded, with lots of traffic and not very clean from what I saw. Arriving at the airport is an "experience"; very, very long lines to go through Immigration and get your luggage. Bring your sense of humor; you'll need it as it could take you a couple of hours. If I were looking for a hotel, I'd check the area around the Opera House. That's probably the nicer area.

Hi,

We stayed at the Topical Hotel in Manaus, not to far from the airport and mall. We loved it and rate included breakfast.

here is the link:

http://www.tropicalmanaus.com.br/

If your looking for a Jungle lodge, we did Juma Jungle Lodge it that was terrific and nicely priced. It was smaller and a nice adventure to the resort via land and sea.

Anything else let us know. We did the 14day Amazon cruise on the Royal and the whole experience was once in a lifetime.

Peter

For our cruise to the Amazon on the Pacific Princess we choose Princess Sea rather than Princess Air. That is we did a b2b FLL to Manaus to FLL. The return cruise wasn't that much more than a night or two in Manaus plus the one way air.

Thanks for the good advice, Pam, as usual. And Youngercruisers, I really appreciate the link. Paul, good idea but the combination of wife's job and a repeat of the same ports make your solution impossible. Any more advice still is appreciated

Hi,

We stayed at the Topical Hotel in Manaus, not to far from the airport and mall. We loved it and rate included breakfast.

here is the link:

http://www.tropicalmanaus.com.br/

If your looking for a Jungle lodge, we did Juma Jungle Lodge it that was terrific and nicely priced. It was smaller and a nice adventure to the resort via land and sea.

Anything else let us know. We did the 14day Amazon cruise on the Royal and the whole experience was once in a lifetime.

Peter

We are booked at Juma Lodge next September. It seems from their website that they provide return transport between Manaus and the Lodge at 0700...was that what you did? Did you have a chance to see or swim with the pink dolphins while at the lodge or on the way there? Any tips or suggestions?

• 7 months later...
For our cruise to the Amazon on the Pacific Princess we choose Princess Sea rather than Princess Air. That is we did a b2b FLL to Manaus to FLL. The return cruise wasn't that much more than a night or two in Manaus plus the one way air.

Hi, Paul!

We're ready to book the Dec. 2012 sailing of the Pacific Princess from FLL to Manaus. Going into the Amazon, is it better to be in a port or starboard stateroom? (We can't do the b2b -- so we'll only see it one-way....)

Also: Can you advise about the following stateroom locations?

We've always had a minisuite on Princess, but these are right under the pool and spa. Any problems?

We might be able to manage the cost of a PH--but they're on across the bow, and we wonder how bumpy it is on this type of sailing and how windy it is (such that you can't really use the balcony)--?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Best,

Mary-Lou (& DH Dave)

Phoenix, AZ -- USA

Last September (2010) I stayed at Park Suites on the other side of the road from Tropical Manaus. It is in front of the river and reasonably close to the airport. For jungle experience I stayed at Amazon Jungle Palace. I made a full review of both at tripadvisor. Check thereunder my nickname: Lirio.

Hi, Paul!

We're ready to book the Dec. 2012 sailing of the Pacific Princess from FLL to Manaus. Going into the Amazon, is it better to be in a port or starboard stateroom? (We can't do the b2b -- so we'll only see it one-way....)

Also: Can you advise about the following stateroom locations?

We've always had a minisuite on Princess, but these are right under the pool and spa. Any problems?

We might be able to manage the cost of a PH--but they're on across the bow, and we wonder how bumpy it is on this type of sailing and how windy it is (such that you can't really use the balcony)--?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Best,

Mary-Lou (& DH Dave)

Phoenix, AZ -- USA

OOPS!! Didn't mean to hijack this thread. I meant to include my email for off-board contact, if you have time to respond:

DrFUN <at> RealisticRomance <dot> com

Thanks!

Mary-Lou

• 5 months later...

When we arrived in Manaus we stayed one night TAj Mahal Holiday Inn. It is in the center of the city, close to the Opera House. We were fortunate enough to be able to buy seats for a concert that night. Then we went to Ariau (I consider it to be the best jungle lodge) and on our way back we stayed 2 days at Tropical. Tropical is the best hotel in Manaus but far from the city center.

• 2 weeks later...

We are leaving Wednesdat and will be staying at the Chez les Rois, b&b highly rated in Trip Advisor.

We booked the PH so I'll let you know how the ride is. Thanks Pam for the heads up on immigration in Manaus, we get in around 830pm and after traveling all day I sure hope I have a sense of humor left!

I'll be doing a Live thread as well as a blog.

This trip has been booked since the day it became available, we are so ready!

Archived