NCL Sky vs RCI Majesty of the seas

floridacruisegirl

My family will be in town in January and I'd like to take them on a 4 night cruise on either the NCL Sky or the RCCL Majesty of the Seas.

Questions:

1) are the 4 night cruises relatively "calmer" and less "party-like" than the 3 night cruises?

2) which ship is more preferrable in terms of beauty, enjoyment, and space: the Sky or Majesty? Both depart on the same day and are relatively the same price.

Thank you for your insight! :)

My family will be in town in January and I'd like to take them on a 4 night cruise on either the NCL Sky or the RCCL Majesty of the Seas.

Questions:

1) are the 4 night cruises relatively "calmer" and less "party-like" than the 3 night cruises?

2) which ship is more preferrable in terms of beauty, enjoyment, and space: the Sky or Majesty? Both depart on the same day and are relatively the same price.

Yes, 4 nights are typically calmer. We did the 4 day on both the Sky and the Sovereign of the Seas back before she was sold off. Loved both cruises. I liked the extra port on the Sky. I thought the food was a little better on the Sovereign. I thought the live evening musical entertainment was better on the Sky. The main shows were about even.

I don't think you will be sorry either way.

We prefer NCL.

That said, I sailed the Sky in her original form before she was the Pride of Aloha before changing back to the Sky. I think she's a bit more refined & toned down than the Majesty of the Seas. But the Majesty was my 1st cruise ever so she will always have a special place in my heart. She does have a bit more wow factor.

Otherwise I think they are very similar. I do think that of all the bars on bot ships, the Viking Crown Lounge with her 360 degree views is the best.

I've sailed both ships for the 3 night cruise, and much preferred the Sky. First, there are balcony cabins on the Sky- not on the Majesty (only the few suites have balconies). So if you are a balcony person, the Sky is better. Second, I really like alternative dining options... even on a short cruise, I like to try different things. Finally, I didn't feel that either was a "party" atmosphere, but I thought that the Sky was a little more fun, more to do.

Questions:

We have been on both (4 dayers) I have only been on a couple of ships that I did not like and the Majesty of the Sea was one of them. I will add, we have awful weather so that might have been a contributing factor. The cabins on the Majesty are the smallest we had ever seen. Again, in all fairness we did have an inside cabin, the first and probably the last.

Yes, 4 day cruises are a little more mellow than weekenders, but they are not the same as 7 day or longer ones. Even the food is slightly different.

I do not want to give the impression we had a horribe cruise, but we much prefered the Sky. Ruag loved the crew on the Majesty, we had the opposite experience. It just goes to show that everyone sees things differently.

Nita

We went on the Majesty 3 day cruise last Jan. We then went on the 4 day cruise in Oct...

On the three day cruise it is Nassau on Sunday and about everything is closed. We ended up arranging a city tour with Atlantis tour thown in. On the 4 day cruise I thought that the schedule on board ship was chopped up. 3 out of the nights they only had one show performance at 730p and we did not get out of the dinning room until about then so we did not get to see those shows. The food did not seem to be as good as the 3 day. (maybe just me). I did like the stop in Key West for the 4 day but we were in Nassau from 1p til 1159p. I am going on the SKY in april for the 4 day. I do not like as well as RCCI but you cannot beat the price. Majesty was 150.00 higher.

We sailed on the Sky (4 day) during Spring Break and had a ball. True, it was crowded with tons of spring breakers, but they were entertainment in itself! The staff kept a watchful eye on the festivities but we never saw anything get out of control. They ship was in good shape, food was good, lots of different areas of the ship to offer bkft's etc and lots of drink specials during Happy Hour. This was in March 09, so things may have changed a bit. I'd sail on the Sky again.

2662366750044007101S425x425Q85.jpg

I can't comment on the Majesty as we are yet to give it a whirl this coming Spring Break.

Archived