If you didn't qualify for the mariner luggage tags, but want them...

pgphoto

I wonder what the people who held up that medal would think of these comments .

Did they really do it to show off how much money they spent ? or was it because they thought noone had ever seen one before ?

Gee , could it be they were just happy and willing to share ?

lorekauf (who was actually at the table with these people, experienced first hand what was said and done, and the tone associated) said:

There was a couple on my last cruise that held up their 100 day medal so everyone could be jealous over it.

No, they were holding them out as if "look at us" .... "you can do this too".

And then people who were not at the table, and did not hear the words or the tone, said:

I am wondering if the couple was just happy and proud to have reached an important milestone, and wanted to share their joy with those around them? I will never reach that many cruising days, but am pleased for those who do.

I agree the couple was happy and proud and enjoying their milestone. They had all the fun of all those cruises to celebrate and had just been recognized for achieving a Medallion Level. It's a cruise and they were enjoying theirs. :) Where's the harm?

I wonder what the people who held up that medal would think of these comments .

Did they really do it to show off how much money they spent ? or was it because they thought noone had ever seen one before ?

Gee , could it be they were just happy and willing to share ?

I guess the people who have decided that the people were "just happy" and "wanting to share" and "proud" (even though they were NOT there to hear and see) have never been subjected to a pair of braggarts, or people who are overwhelmingly "important" in their own minds. I have experienced onbaord behaviour similar to what lorekauf reported, so am inclined to believe her report. There are socially unskilled people who travel HAL.

As for the "bonus" luggage tags, didn't get any, wish I had, but am more than thrilled with my "Dam Luggage" luggage tags that I was finally able to purchase onboard.

OK, I give up. What are these luggage tags folks are discussing? Does it give pre boarding or some amenity over and above what you are already receiving?

We are sailing on Eurodam on December 11, 2010. This is our first cruise on HAL and they ship sounds beautiful. We are reading lots of boards and picking up hints and info. Just wondering about these luggage tags.

Thanks!

OK, I give up. What are these luggage tags folks are discussing? Does it give pre boarding or some amenity over and above what you are already receiving?
Nope - they're just holders that you can slip the print-them-yourself tags into instead of folding/stapling or otherwise attaching them:

2389437340099632937S200x200Q85.jpg

They are pretty thick plastic or something. I think the only thing that might be faulty at some point would be the "jelly" bands to fasten them to the luggage.

The "jelly" bands are pliable, so they stay intact. I've had suitcases come off the carousel with the fastener the only thing left of the tag. The tag itself is more brittle, so one little bend, and it snaps in two.

At least that was my experience with a whole lot of the ones I won at Trivia.

They're just pretty. There are various depictions of old HAL posters.

(no!, not from the CC boards, silly :eek:)

lorekauf (who was actually at the table with these people, experienced first hand what was said and done, and the tone associated) said:

And then people who were not at the table, and did not hear the words or the tone, said:

I guess the people who have decided that the people were "just happy" and "wanting to share" and "proud" (even though they were NOT there to hear and see) have never been subjected to a pair of braggarts, or people who are overwhelmingly "important" in their own minds. I have experienced onbaord behaviour similar to what lorekauf reported, so am inclined to believe her report. There are socially unskilled people who travel HAL.

As for the "bonus" luggage tags, didn't get any, wish I had, but am more than thrilled with my "Dam Luggage" luggage tags that I was finally able to purchase onboard.

Well thank goodness a few people on this thread "get it". Over the 2 weeks on the Ryndam I had one set of people tell me multiple times that they were in a Suite and then events they were invited to....over and over. The next week...another set of people also in a suite. I heard all week long how these people had the best jobs, their kids all went to Ivy League schools and how they had the best jobs. I guess they weren't bragging ....they were just happy and proud. Funny how people that weren't there know so much.

I think I few folks might benefit by reading the thread on giving others lectures.

Archived