Crown Princess Generator Issues?

bbenson

On Crown Princess this week and am wondering if CP is having generator issues?

Earlier this week we could not get our dinners at the Crown Grill because of the kitchen's did not have power. Then the AC went out on the ship and things heated up quickly!! (They were very appologetic and comp'd the meal which we had eaten everything but the main course, no complaint on this issue, they were wonderful.)

Today we were late getting into Princess Cays and someone last night mentioned a generator problem. Just wondering if this is something that's been happening or if it's new?

Brian from the Crown Princess in Princess Cays.

On Crown Princess this week and am wondering if CP is having generator issues?

Earlier this week we could not get our dinners at the Crown Grill because of the kitchen's did not have power. Then the AC went out on the ship and things heated up quickly!! (They were very appologetic and comp'd the meal which we had eaten everything but the main course, no complaint on this issue, they were wonderful.)

Today we were late getting into Princess Cays and someone last night mentioned a generator problem. Just wondering if this is something that's been happening or if it's new?

Brian from the Crown Princess in Princess Cays.

Hows the cruise Brian?

Hi There,

As ships are electric almost anything can reduce the power the ship has to operate on, the fuel, the engine, motors etc.

Having been on ships with power problems, its just not fun,

no air con, late into port, early out etc.

Hope all is well with the Crown.

yours Shogun

Just because the Crown Princess (KP) lost power in a kitchen area and had AC issues does not mean a generator was even involved.

Until its confirmed by ship board crew or Princess themselves I guess we will never know. :)

I agree. They could be completely unrelated issues. And, as Colo points out, the Crown Princess two-letter abbreviation (per the Princess website) is KP, not CP. The CP is the Sea Princess so I got a bit confused by the original post.

Ok guys, sorry for the delay in replying had to get back home before I had time.

well, yes the reason we *think* it was generator issues because we were late leaving cozumel and a crewman told us it was generator repair.... could be gossip but it came from the crew so...

We didn't seem to have anymore issues after cozumel except being late into Princess Cays.....well and a really really rocky night at sea headed back to FLL but thats a different story.

Overall the cruise was great... just a few hickups that seem to be generator related... maybe it was a minor issue and was repaired? but it was annoying.

Sorry if you got confused on the ship abbreviation...I remembered CB was caribbean princess... couldn't remember crown princess so CP and not KP seemed logical... so much for logic.

We were on that sailing. The Captain Andy Proctor came over the pa system and told us that it was a generator problem, which was being fixed. This made us a couple of hours late in sailing and we were unable to make up the time during the night.

Ok guys, sorry for the delay in replying had to get back home before I had time.

well, yes the reason we *think* it was generator issues because we were late leaving cozumel and a crewman told us it was generator repair.... could be gossip but it came from the crew so...

During the summer, Emerald Princess lost power for a few hours.

We were on the ultimate ship tour, standing in the engine control

room, and I asked the Chief Engineer what the problem had been.

He wouldn't say. Answered something like "it's still under investigation".

So, whenever I hear something reported by crew, "my waiter", another

passenger, etc. I assume it's wrong.

We are sailing on the Crown 11/27...pls let us know if there is a problem...been waiting

for this cruise a long time...Hope all is well.... Thanks.

I'm on the 11/27 cruise also so I, too, will be keeping an eye on this one. Of course I could always stay home, but we all know that just ain't gonna happen. :D Just won't tell DW about this. She's still freaked out about the Splendor and how that could have been us.

Jim

I agree. They could be completely unrelated issues. And, as Colo points out, the Crown Princess two-letter abbreviation (per the Princess website) is KP, not CP. The CP is the Sea Princess so I got a bit confused by the original post.

Pam I believe Colo was using KP for Kitchen Patrol

Archived