Turning 40 on the Legend Oct 23-31 Review w/ pics

Eeyoregon

Yeah, I have something to look forward to!!

I am getting closer to picking my cruise for next fall. Here is what I have it narrowed down to and I would LOVE any input from those that have sailed on these ships and/or itineraries!

Option #1: 7 day Eastern from Miami on the Liberty on October 1. Stops at Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan Puerto Rico and Grand Turk.

Option #2: 8 day Eastern from Ft. Lauderdale on the Freedom. Stops in San Juan Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Antiqua, Tortola and Nassau. Either the October 8 or November 5 sailing.

Option #3: 7 day Eastern from Miami on the Glory on November 6. Stops at Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, San Juan Puerto Rico and Grand Turk.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions and opinions are welcome!

Gina

Hi. We'll be on the Glory in May, but different itinerary (the same as your Legend trip), but will post pics and a review of our trip so you can get an idea of the ship when we return. Your review was one of the BEST I've seen! I was :D often while reading it. And I agree with others...you look great as Snow White.

Hi. We'll be on the Glory in May, but different itinerary (the same as your Legend trip), but will post pics and a review of our trip so you can get an idea of the ship when we return. Your review was one of the BEST I've seen! I was :D often while reading it. And I agree with others...you look great as Snow White.

Looking forward to your review! I hope that you have an amazing cruise!

Gina

Do you know if you are able to reserve the shuttle that takes you to the port at the same time you book the hotel (Springfiled Suites), or do you have to wait until you check in? How early does the shuttle start in the morning?

Thanks!

I was told that you couldn't make reservations until check-in. We were on the 10:00 am shuttle but I don't know how much earlier they were running.

The staff at this hotel was outstanding I would stay there again!

Gina

Gina,

I really enjoyed reading your review! Too bad you missed Belize and cave tubing but it sounds like you had a great time in Costa Maya.

You do need to book. I always feel better when we have a cruise to look forward to. :-)

We are booked on the Legend for 1/1/12 in 6232. Thanks so much for posting the pics of the cabin. We are really looking forward to the super balcony. We are a family of four (two daughters) and think the balcony will make the cabin much more sharable for four.

We did the Ryndam on 1/2/11 and decided to try the Legend this next time. I only lasted two weeks before I had to book again. We love the itinerary since it goes so far south to warmth. This will be our first Carnival cruise.

Edited by jmps

Another random thought: Before I left on the cruise my mother gave me a pair of diamond earrings that she and my Dad had purchased a year earlier for the big occasion. Dad passed away last year so these earrings had extra special meaning to me.

I think it was the 3rd night when I was standing at the sink in the bathroom (dumb me!) and was changing from my diamond earrings to a different pair. Next thing I know, I fumble with the back of the earring and it goes flying into the sink and straight down the drain :eek:!

Oh sh%t I start yelling! I remove the stopper and can see my earring just laying in the bottom of the drain but I have no way of getting to it. I ran to the phone and called my room steward. I told him what had happened and he said that he would call maitenance. In less than 5 minutes the maitenance team had arrived and safely retrieved my earring. Crisis over.

I was extremely impressed with how quickly they sprung into action. I even made it to dinner on time :).

Gina

I just started reading your review and wanted to say thanks for taking the time to write it. My family is going on the Legend in April so it is exciting to read it. We went to Roatan last year and used Victor and our guide was wonderful as well. It is now our favorite port and we have booked again with the same driver. I can't wait!

The post I quoted made me tear up. I lost my dad 10 years ago right before Christmas. He had already purchased my Christmas (earrings) and birthday (12/26-bracelet) gifts and my mom gave them to me. They mean almost as much to me as my wedding set. I would just about die if I lost them and I gasped as I read your post. I am so glad you got it back!

• 3 weeks later...
Great review, Gina. We're going on the Legend next January 29th. Had a fantastic time on the Miracle this past January.

I'll be celebrating a Big Birthday, too, while in Roatan.

I hope you have a wonderful time! Birthdays are so much more fun when you are on a cruise! :D

Gina

• 2 weeks later...
Can you stand more photos? See what happens when I finally figure out how to post photos??

PA250304.JPG

PA260359.JPG

PA260385.JPG

PA260410.JPG

Chankanaab Beach:

PA260424.JPG

Chrissy hugging a sea lion at Chankanaab park:

PA260443.JPG

Great review. Great photos. happy birthday. My 40th came and went as we were moving from New Hampshire to California. I did receive a trip for my b-day but almost a year later I have not redeemed it. Culture shock, being from the east coast has not allowed me the time to cash in on my gift. I really just wanted to see what a 40th at sea looked like.

• 2 weeks later...

The post I quoted made me tear up. I lost my dad 10 years ago right before Christmas. He had already purchased my Christmas (earrings) and birthday (12/26-bracelet) gifts and my mom gave them to me. They mean almost as much to me as my wedding set. I would just about die if I lost them and I gasped as I read your post. I am so glad you got it back!

Awe...so you understand my near heart attack!!! We will always be Daddy's girls!

Gina

• 2 months later...

Hi! I am traveling on the Legend in October and really enjoyed your review! You sound like fun and should join us! My Mother, aunt, and BFF from childhood will be making the trip. I had no idea I needed to book special rooms..we ended up in an 8K extended balcony (maybe 8102 and 8104). I can't figure out if there is a fridge though? Anyway, will try to figure out the rum runner thing before then! Anyway, thanks again and yes, this will be my first cruise at age 43!!:D

Hi! I am traveling on the Legend in October and really enjoyed your review! You sound like fun and should join us! My Mother, aunt, and BFF from childhood will be making the trip. I had no idea I needed to book special rooms..we ended up in an 8K extended balcony (maybe 8102 and 8104). I can't figure out if there is a fridge though? Anyway, will try to figure out the rum runner thing before then! Anyway, thanks again and yes, this will be my first cruise at age 43!!:D

• 4 weeks later...

I hope you enjoy your 1st cruise!! Yes, there will be a "Cooling box" in your cabin. Not sure that I would put perishables (milk, etc.) in there but it did just fine for soda and bottled water.

Be sure and post a review when you get back as I would love to hear how it went!

Gina

Wow, great review Gina!

I'm cruising on Legend Jan 2012 and can't wait after reading about your great trip.

I'm cruising with my senior mother as well as my aunt/uncle. Hopefully I'll run into some fun gals like you and your friends on the trip to hang out with!:D

Wow, great review Gina!

I'm cruising on Legend Jan 2012 and can't wait after reading about your great trip.

I'm cruising with my senior mother as well as my aunt/uncle. Hopefully I'll run into some fun gals like you and your friends on the trip to hang out with!:D

I'm sure you will find some new friends :D. Wish I could join you as I LOVED the Legend and that itinerary. Happy sailing!

Gina

• 3 months later...