Turning 40 on the Legend Oct 23-31 Review w/ pics

Eeyoregon

Cruise was awesome! I think I got a pic or 2 of your group dancing at the club before the contest started. I'll try to upload them this weekend.

My DH was "Barrel of Monkeys." I was a cat but more clearly resembled a chubby hooker.:rolleyes:

Oh well......there's always next year!

Ok now I am off to find a towel to wipe the coffee I just sprayed on my screen...lol that was too cute!

Another random thought: Before I left on the cruise my mother gave me a pair of diamond earrings that she and my Dad had purchased a year earlier for the big occasion. Dad passed away last year so these earrings had extra special meaning to me.

I think it was the 3rd night when I was standing at the sink in the bathroom (dumb me!) and was changing from my diamond earrings to a different pair. Next thing I know, I fumble with the back of the earring and it goes flying into the sink and straight down the drain :eek:!

Oh sh%t I start yelling! I remove the stopper and can see my earring just laying in the bottom of the drain but I have no way of getting to it. I ran to the phone and called my room steward. I told him what had happened and he said that he would call maitenance. In less than 5 minutes the maitenance team had arrived and safely retrieved my earring. Crisis over.

I was extremely impressed with how quickly they sprung into action. I even made it to dinner on time :).

Gina

I'm glad they were able to get it back for you! I was holding my breath while I was reading hoping there would be a positive outcome.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well I am a little late to comment on your Legend review, but I just found it. I LOVED IT!!! I am going on the Legend on September 9, 2012, just a few short weeks away, and your review makes me even more excited!!!!

We had a reservation with Vitalino Reyes (just do a web search and you will find his website). I was sad for him that our ship didn't port because that was a huge loss of money for his business that day :(.

Gina

Well I am a little late to comment on your Legend review, but I just found it. I LOVED IT!!! I am going on the Legend on September 9, 2012, just a few short weeks away, and your review makes me even more excited!!!!

I'm jealous! You only have to wait 32 days for your cruise...I have 93 :p.

I hope that you have a fantastic time! Great ship and awesome itinerary.

Gina

• 1 month later...

I know this review was awhile ago, but I am just now reading it also and I enjoyed it so much. I will be going on the Legend next September on the British Isles cruise. It is a whole year away, but reading your review has made me even more excited. I loved all your photos. By the way, I live in Oregon too.

I know this review was awhile ago, but I am just now reading it also and I enjoyed it so much. I will be going on the Legend next September on the British Isles cruise. It is a whole year away, but reading your review has made me even more excited. I loved all your photos. By the way, I live in Oregon too.

Hello fellow Oregonian! :D

Option #1: 7 day Eastern from Miami on the Liberty on October 1. Stops at Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan Puerto Rico and Grand Turk.

Option #2: 8 day Eastern from Ft. Lauderdale on the Freedom. Stops in San Juan Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Antiqua, Tortola and Nassau. Either the October 8 or November 5 sailing.

Option #3: 7 day Eastern from Miami on the Glory on November 6. Stops at Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, San Juan Puerto Rico and Grand Turk.

I am just reading your review. It caught my eye because we are going on the same Legend itinerary for a Christmas cruise.

You have probably already chosen and gone! But just in case: I have done all 3 itineraries above, and HMC is as nice as people say. But the Virgin Baths in Tortola are not to be missed. We also loved Antigua-- although a big part of that was because of the Pineapple resort. It is a Sandals now, I hear, and not sure how much has changed.

Really enjoyed your review! They seem like great friends...

You are going on the Valor, right out of here in Miami. Have not sailed the Valor before, so I will be looking forward to your next review!

That's an Eastern? St Thomas, St Maarten, Grand Turk, and San Juan, right?

You will love it I know. Check out the port of call boards for Divi Little Bay on St Maarten. Love it there.

You are going on the Valor, right out of here in Miami. Have not sailed the Valor before, so I will be looking forward to your next review!

That's an Eastern? St Thomas, St Maarten, Grand Turk, and San Juan, right?

You will love it I know. Check out the port of call boards for Divi Little Bay on St Maarten. Love it there.

54 more days!! I had to skip cruising last year as my son went off to college and somehow, so did all of my money ;).

I'm sailing with 3 of the same gals that went on this cruise with me. In addition we will have 5 cruise newbies with us, which is always fun!

Gina

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the amazing review and pictures! Especially of your room. We are cruising in the same room 6232 on February 17th, my SIL is right next to us on the other size 6234 and my niece and her fiance are on the other side in 6230 and my sister and brother in law is right across the hall! We are hoping they remove the partitions and we'll have a HUGE

area!

• 11 months later...

Ok, I realize that this thread is 3 years old now BUT I wanted to share my excitement: I'm doing the Western again and will FINALLY get to go to Belize. I'm going in April 2014 so hurricanes and tropical storms shouldn't mess up my stop in Belize this time!!!

Happy Sailing!

Gina

I am going on the Legend for spring break! When are you going?

I sail March 30 - April 6 but on a different cruise line this time. I would rather be on Carnival BUT I have a free cruise voucher that has to be used by the end of April so I'll be on the NCL Jewel.

Happy sailing!!

I remembered: Leroy Selmon! That was the name of the fantastic restaurant that our shuttle driver took us to in Tampa! I know, sort of random but I hate it when I can't remember the name of a place!

I've been dreaming about the fried green tomato's that I had there - YUM!!!

Gina

I read fried green tomatoes and knew it was good ole LeeRoy's!

• 2 weeks later...
HI,

what time did you get onto the ship?

I'm going in January

and my boarding pass says Embarkation 1 - 3 PM

But it sounds like were on earlier than that.

Thanks

L

We were at port by 10:45 and on ship around 11:15. They didn't have FTTF back then or we would have done that in a heartbeat so we could be in our cabins and get rid of our carry-on bags.

I know this thread and review was started three years ago but just wanted to write a couple of comments.

Thank you for the review! We are going on the Legend for our first cruise in April- aft wrap for our 10th anniversary! I am excited.

Also, you make an absolutely beautiful Snow White!!!