Best Excursions for Grand Cayman?

hubofhockey

We booked the Pirate Ship excursion (children ages 5 & 7) and it looks like soo much fun! The kids and my husband said no way to the sting rays. We are Floridians and my kids have been raised to do the sting ray shuffle:D

We leave a week from today so I will let you know:)

Yes please do, we were thinking the pirate ship too - but I keep reading here and there the sting rays and turtle farm...the pirate ship really does look fun! Have a great Trip!

Another vote for stingrays. Have done it twice now. Once on a land trip ,just the two of us, and the second from the Valor with our 8 and 9 yr old grandkids. They LOVED it .

If you go, pick up an inexpensive underwater camera...we got ours in Walmart. Great pixs!!

We booked the Pirate Ship excursion (children ages 5 & 7) and it looks like soo much fun! The kids and my husband said no way to the sting rays. We are Floridians and my kids have been raised to do the sting ray shuffle:D

We leave a week from today so I will let you know:)

The pirate ship was awsome my son (9) loved it and the rum punch was great.

Go to the ports of call boards to find private vendors... there are a LOT of them. You can also find them at the port--just walk up to any of them and see what they offer. It is always less expensive than the cruise ship offers.

We use Soto's Cruises for snorkeling and stingrays. We pay $30 each for about 3 hours of fun... and it's "intimate" in that there are usually no more than 12 people on the boat. VERY nice. Billy teaches you all about the stingrays so you know what you're doing and loves to help kids. They are very family oriented.

Hope that helps! Have fun--we love Grand Cayman!

I checked both Soto's and Moby Dick and their tours are 2 - 3.5 hours and cost $35 - $40 respectively. Both with a stop at Stingray City and a barrier reef. Princess's tour is 3.5 hours for $39. What's the difference? Do the private tour operators use smaller boats. I see that they include food for the stingrays. Would the tour arranged through Princess offer the same? :confused:

We just got back from our Carnival Liberty cruise and, as I promised, I'd review the Sea Spi excursion. Sea Spis are personal watercrafts that you lie on face down and through a glass bottom eco-friendly watercraft which you operate by a joystick. These little crafts are fun to drive. They come in two-person or one-person crafts. The Carnival excursion costs $85 per person, adult or child, and whether you take out a double or single. It's a semi-guided tour. The guide takes the Sea Spiers to three different areas. Got to see a stingray, tarpon, nursing shark, and the typical great fish of Grand Cayman. One of the areas is Cheeseburger Reef, which is always a good take. This excursion cost us $340 for the family. But it was a memorable adventure and worth it, especially for those who don't snorkle. Our excursion sold out in advance of the cruise. There are around 10 crafts available. If you're interested, book it before your cruise.

We did the Sea Spi tour in Isla Roatan a few years ago. It was so much fun! I would recommend it also.

Archived