Aruba Sea and See Island Tour

cruisingbajan

Off the top of my head I do not know who they are using for the tour, but here is the link for the semi sub is you wished to book on your own.

http://www.atlantisadventures.com/caribbean/aruba/activity-detail.cfm?eventID=45

Just be aware that if you are going specifically to see the wreck of the Antilla that it is 65 feet of water and visibility in Aruba is not known to be the best. You will have limited sight of the wreck.

Also, in reading the description, you are only being shown a small selection of sights at the northern end of the island. For example, it is a sin that you are "DRIVING BY" the gold mill ruins with no opportunity for photos :confused:

bushiribanaf_sm.jpg AND not even going to Alto Vista Chapel

ava_sm.JPG alto_vistac_sm.jpg

which is one of Aruba's most famous landmarks as well as a very beautiful and special spot. It is less than 3 miles down the coast.

You could tour in a taxi privately for $45 an hour (up to 5 people per taxi), stopping when and where you wish for photos.

Arubalisa,

My wife and I will be in Aruba on 12/14/10 on the Constellation. We have been to Aruba 2 times before but that was 20 years age. We are very active 50's trying to plan a great day. Would like to see the island and maybe snorkel. Should we rent a car/jeep and do on our own? Or contact one of the tour companies? We much prefer not being on a tour. Can you suggest the best day ever?

Off the top of my head I do not know who they are using for the tour, but here is the link for the semi sub is you wished to book on your own.

http://www.atlantisadventures.com/caribbean/aruba/activity-detail.cfm?eventID=45

Just be aware that if you are going specifically to see the wreck of the Antilla that it is 65 feet of water and visibility in Aruba is not known to be the best. You will have limited sight of the wreck.

Also, in reading the description, you are only being shown a small selection of sights at the northern end of the island. For example, it is a sin that you are "DRIVING BY" the gold mill ruins with no opportunity for photos :confused:

bushiribanaf_sm.jpg AND not even going to Alto Vista Chapel

ava_sm.JPG alto_vistac_sm.jpg

which is one of Aruba's most famous landmarks as well as a very beautiful and special spot. It is less than 3 miles down the coast.

You could tour in a taxi privately for $45 an hour (up to 5 people per taxi), stopping when and where you wish for photos.

Thanks Lisa for the info and the insight. It has been very helpful and you have given us some food for thought

Will speak with the wife and try to make a difiniitive decision.

We did the land and sea tour two weeks ago and thought it was nice. We drove by the two hotel areas on our way to the lighthouse, then to a large rock on which everybody climbed, then to the chapel, and then to the boat which took us by the cruiseship and the hotels so we could see what they look like from the water. The beaches looked nice, but we did not stop there.

We did the land and sea tour two weeks ago and thought it was nice. We drove by the two hotel areas on our way to the lighthouse, then to a large rock on which everybody climbed, then to the chapel, and then to the boat which took us by the cruiseship and the hotels so we could see what they look like from the water. The beaches looked nice, but we did not stop there.

Did you do it through the ship or independently?

Approximately how long is he entire tour?

Thanks

Keith,

We booked it through Pincess cruises. It took about 3 1/2 hours if I remember correctly. Our tour guide/bus driver made it interesting (His name is Cesar.)

Oranjestad has shopping; it is nice but not overly exciting. However, downtown is right off the pier where you can also find private tours and taxi drivers.

Keith,

We booked it through Pincess cruises. It took about 3 1/2 hours if I remember correctly. Our tour guide/bus driver made it interesting (His name is Cesar.)

Oranjestad has shopping; it is nice but not overly exciting. However, downtown is right off the pier where you can also find private tours and taxi drivers.

Thanks for the info.

We may just decide to wing it when we get off and try one of the private tours/taxis outside the pier

Archived