Travel Agents discount no more?

OSUKNIGHT

If you believe the hosts of these cruises .. the $25 deposit is pulled .. even if the threads say $25 deposit ...it not available any longer.

Pulled as of Nov 1st. There was even a thread giving a count down to when the $25 deposit would be pulled.

All, I know is I have a family group onhold right now for the Dream next summer with the $25.00 deposit. I just got the price on Nov 8, 2011.

I know about the countdown; I also know I am booked on the CC cruise to Aruba in Jan 2012 and it is still being held by my $25.00, as is several other peoples. It is no longer available to new people since the $25 was always time stamped, as is my family one.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all get the same info?

I was surprised when I called the warehouse club TA to book a cruise mid-August and was told they no longer sell Carnival cruises. Not a coincidence that Carnival's pricing policy changed August 1st.

I used a different TA and got a nice OBC.

Not sure what you consider a nice OBC but to me $25 is not it. Anything more, the TA broke CCL's new rules.

All, I know is I have a family group onhold right now for the Dream next summer with the $25.00 deposit. I just got the price on Nov 8, 2011.

I know about the countdown; I also know I am booked on the CC cruise to Aruba in Jan 2012 and it is still being held by my $25.00, as is several other peoples. It is no longer available to new people since the $25 was always time stamped, as is my family one.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all get the same info?

I said it was pulled for any new booking after Nov 1st ..

I cant tell from what you said if you booked after Nov 1st ?? or not. I didnt say it wasnt available before that date.... i.e. Im not sure we are saying anything differently .. ??

Nope... no more discounts from TAs. Several months ago Carnival changed the policy. The max that you can get from a TA is now $25 or 5% the cost of the cruise, whichever is lower...

:)

This is still more than I get when cruising on Royal Caribbean. RCL won't allow any discounts PERIOD. :~(

This is still more than I get when cruising on Royal Caribbean. RCL won't allow any discounts PERIOD. :~(

All the TAs I know who were giving OBC for RCL cruises are still doing it .. even the TA who quit selling Carnival. RCL has no limit on the value of the perks, so they can exceed $25 ..

Iv always gotten OBC from TAs on RCL and more than the $25 allowed by Carnival.

Carnival is not allowing any discounts .. the $25 is the value of perks, not a discount. Neither cruiseline allows discounts. If you are getting one, then the TA is endangering their future sales with Carnival.

Archived